22.Virgil

"Roman?! What's wrong? What happened?" I heard as Patton came rushing over. Roman placed me on the couch and moved to let Patton look me over. As soon as he let go, I don't know... I felt cold. 

"I don't know. We were fighting and..."

"You were fighting? 

"It was his fault!" I looked up and glared at him. He just laughed. "It was, you just didn't know."

"You weren't talking to me."

"You told me not to." Patton facepalmed and I hissed at them both.  Obviously, I didn't mean literally, not about that. And when did he start listening to what I tell him to do? I just don't want more people getting hurt. "Did he just hiss. I think he just hissed at us." He was laughing but stopped when he looked back over at me. I guess that mean's he has to know the truth then."Virgil, you alright?"

"You'd tell me if anything happened right?" Patton's eyes went wide and he started to answer, but I cut him off. "I'm asking Roman."

"Of course."

"Do you like me, Roman? I mean I'm very mean and loud. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't." He gave me this caring and worried look, I just sighed. "Answer the question."

"Yes. Last I checked, we were friends. Are we not?"  He answered immediately, laughing like this was all some game. I started fidgeting with my hands as the anxiety started to bubble up. "Because if we aren't then..."

"Do you trust me?" Patton started getting very worried, while I looked over at Roman and saw nothing but seriousness. Like me asking that question was the worst thing I could do?

I had him by the neck in less than a second, up against the wall with my fangs out in full view. He didn't even flinch. Patton started freaking out but ignored him. I was more concerned about the lack of response from Roman. He I was posed to rip his throat out and nothing. Not even a glimmer of fear.

"Virgil, I trust you completely." My eyes went wide as I stood there looking at him, my hand on his collar.

"You already knew." I let go and backed up. He just stared at me. "You already knew what I was."

"Yes, I do. I don't care. I am not scared if that's what you're worried about." I was just confused. Roman grabbed my arm and pulled me into an embrace. "You never have to worry about me. I'm not going to leave you, ok?" He placed his hand on the back of my head and I just melted. I felt safe with him. Safe around him... and in my experience, it's not a good thing. Not for them anyway.

"Roman..." I pushed myself out of his arms and reached out touching his cheek. His eyes closed at the touch and my heart just about stopped. He has been nothing but kind and caring. He's been nothing but trusting and dependable. I care about him. I don't want him to get hurt because of me. I took a step back dropping my hand. He was starting to get worried. "... go home, and never come back."

"Virgil!" Patton yelled as Roman's eyes went wide. He took a step back, a step towards the door, but hesitated. "Virgil don't do this. You don't know what you're asking him."

"Yes, I do. Go home, Roman." Another step and look of pain crossed his face. 

"Virgil... please..." He was trying so hard. I could see the strain in him.

"Go home, Roman. Go and don't come back. Live your life, work as a detective, find the bad guys. Just Live..."Another painful step and I saw the tears begin to fall. "That's an order." 

I watched as all the fight drained from him. He turned and left without even so much as a goodbye. That fine though. Because he's safer far away from me.

"Virgil, what the hell did you just do?" I head Patton say as I left to go rest. I was exhausted and hurting. I didn't want to deal with anything more.

"I saved his life." I said as my head hit the pillow.

They don't think I saw his pain...

I did.

They don't think I saw how he felt...

I did.

They don't think I saw the bite...

I did.