19.Roman

"EAT YOUR FUCKING FOOD ALREADY!" It was like everything in me was screaming to obey him. I had to eat. I had to make him happy. I would be lying if I said it didn't scare me a little bit. It wasn't like with Anna. When she compelled me with was as if my body moved on it's on. With this, it was an emotional need to make him happy... a physical need to listen.

I had eaten the entire plate before I realized I had even started eating. I saw Virgil turn to say something but before he could I got up and ran to the bathroom, throwing everything back up. I definitely need to work on that. 

"I did tell you, didn't I?" I looked up to find Patton handing a washcloth to me. I took it wiping my face as I just sat there. He sat down on the side of the tub, giving me this look of pity. It's not that bad. So I have to listen to him so what? It's not like he'll ever tell me to die or something.... right? "Roman things are going to be very different now..."

"I get that Pat, I do. What I don't get is, why you want me to stay here." He just shook his head laughing at me. Is this the norm here, or is it just pick on Roman day? "What?!"

"Roman when possible you should really study that book I gave you. It will tell you everything you need to know about the supernatural... Our family specifically." His eyes went dark a bit and I nodded. I watched Patton leave the room and I just stayed sitting. At least until I had to get my ass up for work. Going to work actually might not be the worst thing right now.

"Oh look who the vamp dragged." I looked up to find Anna leaning over my desk. Thankfully Virgil had gone to get a coffee before she showed up. The last thing we need is her spilling the beans. I also don't want Virgil causing a scene here at work either. "looks like you survived... somehow. So what... did you just say fuck it turn me."

"No, I am not a vampire if that is what you're asking."

"So you survived the reversal?" 

"Not the reversal either." Her eyes went wide and I watched as she pulled up a chair. 

"Are you mental?" She was whisper screaming at me as she glanced around to make sure no one was listening. "You willingly chose to be a thrall. Do you have any idea the amount of danger you just put yourself in?"

"Anna..."

"No, Roman, you don't. They brought the family here and now you messed up in it. If the family finds out that your Virgil's thrall the next heart he gets in a box will be yours. I don't care how good Virgil is? How different he is from other Vampires? He's bad news, and I will do whatever it takes to save my ass." She started getting up when I grabbed her by the arm, stopping her from leaving. 

"Just who is this family?" Her eyes went dark and empty as if remembering something she never wanted to. She pulled her arm out of my grip and shook her head.

"The helsing's, who else." Anna left me there lost in thought. I know I've seen that name somewhere. Yes, I know the whole monster hunter VanHelsing but no... I swear I've seen it before. Where have I...

All of a sudden there was this noise in my desk. I opened it to find the book Patton gave me. When did I put it in there? I thought I left it back at the house. I pulled it out, praying Virgil was still off getting coffee and placed it on the desk. Only for it to open and start flipping through the pages all by itself. Like the book of shadows from charmed, great... not.

It landed on a page of the family tree. Patton said this book was about their family. Glancing through I spotted the name, Deceit Evans. His name was is purple, meaning vampire. I guess that explains his extreme allergy to the sun, even though it doesn't effect Virgil. Next, I spotted Patton Mathews. His name was in green. I already knew what he was. He told me last night. I even spotted mine, Roman Sanders. It was blue, for thrall. I am not even going to mention the confusion I have over how this book has me in it after just one night. 

I almost closed it right then and there. I mean, what was so important there for me to see. However, I was so focused on the name I didn't spot the picture at the top. When I did my eyes went wide with shock. It was Virgil, underneath his name printed in fancy red text...

Virgil VanHelsing...

"Roman..." I instantly closed the book shoving it into my dresser before he could see. "I have looked everywhere for it. They're out of coffee and I am about to have a bitch fit. Be a friend and take me to get some." There it was again. That sudden need to make him happy... to get him his coffee. I laughed at the irony of this situation, as I got up grabbed my wallet.

"Let's go."

"Yes, You are literally the best."