23.Roman

It's been a while since Virgil pushed me away. I lost track of the days. It was getting harder to get up in the morning. Every day I just felt worse. My head was spinning. My thought was burning. Everything hurt...

But none of that compared to the heartbreak I have. I never realized how much I cared about him until he had my heart and threw it away. I thought he cared too. I don't know anymore. 

"Roman, are you ok?" I looked up to see Logan standing there. He had once again picked up all my papers since I don't ever do any of them. I glanced at the empty desk beside me and sighed. "You know if you aren't ready to come back..."

"Logan I appreciate it but the last thing I need is a sympathetic boss." He raised an eyebrow at me, and I laughed. He just shrugged it off and walked away. This is insane.

"GET A GRIP, ROMAN! Stop being a baby. Move on..." I yelled at myself and prayed for something anything... "Forget him." Nothing. It just doesn't work unless it's him. "THIS IS SO STUPID!" I yelled out in anger, causing everything to fly off my desk in a burst of energy. Exhausted, I slammed my head onto my desk and succumbed to my thoughts.

I just don't get it. Virgil was just... perfect. Sure he had his faults. Sure he pissed me off. Sure he can be a bit of a handful what with his anger and his uncanny ability to be sarcastic and sassy all the time without missing a single step... but that was him.

After what happened, I didn't know what to do. I drove all the way home but I couldn't leave the car. It felt like It really was over if I actually went inside. So I turned around and went to Logan's. I couldn't go home... I couldn't go back. Virgil made sure of that. I had nowhere else. The minute logan saw me he rushed me inside for tea and a talk.

He always was a good friend, despite his quirks. I can't tell you how many times I ascend broke his stuff in anger. And no not the way Virgil did. Throughout the week, things have been happening. Thing's I assumed were my so-called gifts. Things that just made me think of him more.

I looked over at the cup that had fallen. I reached out my hand and watched as it disappeared. I took a deep breath and waited, as it reappeared in my hand. I placed it on the desk and just stared at it. It was a black mug with a single purple stormcloud it. It was simple and it pissed me off. It started vibrating. Small cracks slowly began to appear. The more I stared at it the worse it got. My phone started ringing drawing me out of my thoughts and away from the mug. When I turned back to look at it, it was back to normal. As if nothing had happened. I sighed, picking up my phone and answering it.

"Hello, this is Detective Sand..."

"Ro...m...an." My heart shattered. I jumped up looking around as I did. "Ro...man... Ple...ase... listen."

"Virgil, I..."

"Stay away from me... Don't trust Anna..." The line went dead I stood there in utter shock and horror. Not just at the call but at what I was seeing. There was Patton, standing right there in front of me, broken and beaten. 

"Roman..." I ran over, catching him just as he fell. He was covered in bruises and cuts. Blood practically covered every bit of him. "They found us... They got Virgil."