30.Roman (The end)

I was staring at this abandend building. Just staring... It's like I knew he was in there somewhere. Everything in me was saying run. Stay away... but I can't. How dare he tell me that? How dare he expect me to listen. I don't care if he get mad. At least he'll be safe!

"Roman?" I looked over to find Logan and Patton looking back at me. I nodded and reached out for the doors. Pain ripped through me again and fell gripping my head as this sound sent me into near madness. My ears started bleeding and I could hear Virgil crying out. Anna... It has to be Anna. "ROMAN?!"

"Blow it up!" I yelled as the pain got worse. Patton rushed over, trying to figure out what was going on. Logan looked worried. "LOGAN BLOW IT UP!"

"Understood." He stepped back holding his arms out to the side. Several books began to appear one by one, floating above him, until..." Fire!" This massive fireball flew down from the sky, blowing the building to bits. Patton of course freaked out screaming about Virgil. I just took a deep breath as the pain finally stopped. "Patton, relax."

"RELAX YOU YOU BLEW UP THE BUILDING HE WAS IN!"

"No, he blew up the build Virgil is under." Patton looked over at me with confusion, but I was already gone. What Logan did, caused enough of a shockwave to though Anna off, but now they know we're here.

"Roman!" I left the two of them there and ran as fast as I could down the stairs. I ended up in this parking lot like room and I started losing it. 

"Wow, that was quiet the entrance." I spun around to see this little girl standing there, stuffed bunny in hand. She looked like a child. Innocent and small... "Are you here for my brother?"

"Where is Virgil?" She started laughing, and I lost all patience. "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?!"

"Temper, temper... Didn't Virgil ever teach you to watch your tongue?" I hated the way she was smiling. It made me sick just see her like that. She started for the door and I practically growled. "Awe, I know you want to play but I have somewhere to be..." She spun around giggling like the small child she looks like. "... Tell big brother this was the best birthday ever!"

"Wait!"

"Roman, NO!" Logan grabbed me and held me back before I could grab her. She looked over at Logan a smiled before running off. "You can't touch her. Trust me on that."

I felt this shock or pull or something. I could sense there were people surrounding us. I watched as Patton ran down the steps slightly out of breath and I snapped. I can't stay here and fight. They'll be fine. They're both strong. Virgil needs me!

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!" I pushed myself out of Logan's grip and ran.  I followed the pull. It was like my feet were moving on there own. I kept going until I came to a door. My feet just stopped moving. I glanced through the window and spotted Virgil just sitting there in this massive puddle of water. I watched as Virgil struggled to get up only for Anna to kick him back down. I could take it. Virgil was right there. WHY WON'T MY FEET MOVE?!

I gripped the handle of the door and tried so hard to make myself open it. He said to stay away ok... but I didn't, I made it this far. Why? Why could I move then and not now? What's the difference? I had every intention to save him. I had every intention to...

I watched as Anna grabbed him by the throat and picked him up into the air. Her wicked smile only growing as Virgil struggled to breathe. Virgil... I need to move! Anna threw him into the table hard. I watched as he doubled over coughing up blood. She pulled out a knife and it was like time froze. I can't watch him die. I can't have him die. He can't die. I care too much. 

I love him to much. My feet moved before my mind could catch up. When it finally did I was looking at the shocked face of Anna, who had just stabbed me in the stomach.

"ROMAN!" I glanced behind me to see Virgil's horrified expression as he sat there unable to move. 

"Oh, look. Roman's come to save his master." I cringed at the way she said that. I didn't come here as a thrall. I came here as the man who's love you just tried to kill. I grabbed her arm tightly and she frowned. I won't let her have the knife. I won't let her hurt him anymore. She twisted the blade and pain washed over me. "Let go Roman." I gripped harder and her eyes widened. "Let go!" It wasn't working. I wasn't listening. I started to smile and she yelled out. "LET GO OF MY FUCKING ARM!"

I spotted someone coming out of the shadows and I got scared, until I realized who it was. He looked over at Virgil and got this look of pure rage. He bared his fangs and I smiled widely, realizing just what he was going to do.

"Hey..." Anna looked up at me, as the man got closer to her. "Merry Bitchmas."

"What?!" I let go of her arm and Deceit grabbed her, sinking his teeth into her neck. It was brutal, but it was karma. Actually, she deserved worse. I watched the life disappear from her eyes and it was like all the energy left me as well. I fell to the floor completely covered in my own blood.

"ROMAN!" Virgil practically crawled over to me. I could see the pain in his eyes. He was struggling but he's still here. He's still alive. He's still... "Roman don't you dare die on me. THAT'S AN ORDER!"

I felt that familiar pull. The need to listen... to make him happy. I actually missed it. Unfortunately, I don't think I can win this one. I watched as the tears began to fall from his face and I hated it. I hated seeing his tears.

"Don't cry, Virge."

"Don't die." I held out my hand and he grabbed it, holding it close to his cheek. It started getting very hard to breathe. It was starting to go dark and Virgi knew I didn't have long left. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Do you trust me?"

"I love you..." His eyes widened and the last thing I saw was him biting his own wrist.