8. Virgil

"Well, it's a heart..." I just stood back coving my nose and mouth as this woman began taking it out of the box. She placed it in this bowl thing and began poking it. Why? What does that show?

"No shit Shirly, can you tell what it's from..." Roman cut in before Logan could start listing all the possible thing that could have been its owner.

"It's human." I called out and everyone looked at me.  The woman began nodding as she poked it again causing more blood to spurt out. I choked as the scent of it hit me.

"Yep, definitely human."  She spun around, spotting me in the corner. " I don't think we've met. I'm Annabelle, most just call me Anna." She held her hand out for me to shake, forgetting it was covered in blood. The smell of blood just got stronger and I stared at her hand. I pulled my eyes away when she realized and went back to work.

"That's Virgil... and that's his desk." Roman said pointing at where the box was placed. Her eyes went wide and she visibly cringed.

"Hell of a first day, huh?"

"You could say that." Roman glanced at me and frowned. I was trying so hard keep from smelling it. It wasn't working. I could feel as my fangs began to show in response to the blood. "You ok Virgil?" I rushed out of the room and into a bathroom. I stood there staring at my reflection in the mirror. My teeth showing and eyes bright red. It pissed me off. I gripped the sink as my breathing became erratic. Next thing I knew it shattered in my grip. I collapsed onto the floor, pushing myself into the furthest corner of the room, and prayed this episode would end soon.

"What the hell happened here?" Roman's voice rang through the sound of rushing water from the broken sink. "Virgil... Shit!" I felt as he grabbed me off the floor and carried me out of the bathroom. I looked up to find myself in a small room. It had a comfy couch and the walls were lined with posters. "Where..."

"It's just a small break room I made for myself. I had to strong-arm Logan for it but it was worth it." I glanced up to find him sitting beside me. As soon as I saw him I covered my mouth trying to hide my fangs and avoided eye contact. Even without looking at him I could tell he was worried. "Patton spoke about your anger but... He never mentioned anxiety."

"Yeah, well, I don't think Pat knew that this was going to happen."

"I suppose not." Roman got up and stretched out leaning up against the wall. I just pulled knees to my chest. "It's not the package... is it?" I shook my head and he sighed. "Anything I can do to help?"

"Not unless you're a blood donor." I was kidding. I was... but Roman came over, pulled my hands from my face, and gave me this really worried look. Being in the state I was in, and being as hungry as I was, having Roman that close was a terrible idea. I could hear his heartbeat and threw myself as far from him as I could. My eyes as wide as humanly possible over what I could have just done.

"Virgil?" He got up and tried to come close again. I reacted by picking up a random object and throwing at him. He caught it no problem and he got the picture. "I'm not going to leave..." He said as he sat back on the couch. "But I won't push you either. Were partners now Virge, we got to look out for each other."

"That's exactly... why... you need... to get out." He looked at me with this confused look. I slid down the wall into a sitting position. All of this getting to me. First Patton gets taken as a hostage and hit in the head with the butt of a gun. Then Deceit gets the shit beaten out of him and kidnapped. After that Pat gets me a job at the police station of all places, partnered with Detective Douce. AND NOW WITH THE HEART AND I AM SO FUCKED HERE!

I slammed my fist against the wall and cringed as the impact caused it to break. Roman jumped up off the couch in shock yelling about something. I couldn't hear it. I shakily stood up and staggered my way out of the room. Roman was in shock staring at the broken wall so he didn't stop me. I was blank. I couldn't see, couldn't hear. I moved without any thoughts. All I knew is that no one was safe right now. Patton was right... I should have asked Deceit for help long before now, because now...

I'm starving.