10. Virgil

The world around me roared like a monster in a horrible nightmare I was stuck in. My throat burned as the hunger built. I stumbled through the alleyway trying desperately to get away from the noise and the lights that began to burn my skin.

The scent of food permeated the air as I somehow made it to the back of a restaurant. Something rustled scaring me from my thoughts. I jumped and hit behind the trash as someone walked out with bags to throw away. I gripped my hoodie as the person got closer. I could feel the energy they were giving off. My hunger just grew stronger. My eyes began to go hazy and I started to lose focus. 

As soon as I heard that door close again I made myself move far far away. Too many people... Too many chances... Too hungry to trust myself...

It was dark. It was cold. It was raining. I was lost. When I left the station, I was going home. Patton, he could've helped. We had plans in place for this. Somewhere along the way, I got turned around and now I can't even focus long enough to read that street sign in front of me. My vision is blurred my balance is off. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks i'm drunk. I ducked back into an alley as the sounds of police sirens began to draw near. 

I prayed it wasn't for me but when I heard the car doors I knew I had no such luck. I just wanted to get home without any trouble. I just want... I'm just... hungry!

"Sir, Are you alright?" I looked up to find two men standing there blocking my exit. One stepped closer, his arms out in a non-threatening way, but the other... already had his had on his holster. "We're just here to help." He took another step forward and I stumped back. "Hey, It's ok."

"Don't..." I could hear the distortion in my voice and it frightened me. "Please..." They both took another step and the sound of their footsteps echoed in my head like a megaphone place directly on my ear. I gripped at my head and next I knew someone had me by the waist. 

Their scent, the warm, the sound of their heart... 

The lights began to flicker as I stood their eyes wide and in shock. Everything was telling me to eat. Everything was burning. I watched as the second guy moved his hand away from his holster and instead went for cuffs. As soon as his hand touched them, I snapped. The man holding me went flying into the wall behind us. 

I looked up to find the other pointing his gun at me. I just started walking by him. He didn't even say anything. I think he was to scared to even think. I made it all the way till I was standing beside him. That was when my mind began to mess with me. Images and images of these things... I glanced at him and he practicly pissed himself. Another forced step passed him and I heard as he slammed into the metal fencing.

I just have to make it home. That's all. If I can make it home... Than at least I know nothing bad will happen.