Warmth

I feel warm and fuzzy when I wake up, and I wonder for a second if I've been drugged. But as my mind clears, so does my senses, and I realize that something—someone, is hugging me so tightly I can't breathe.

Skies.

I forgot V can't sleep without a pillow.

His arms are securely locked around my stomach, my back pushed against his chest. I'm too afraid to even move an inch, too scared that he would wake up. The thought of what will happen if he discovers he's used me as a pillow makes me cringe violently.

His face is buried into my hair, and I groan internally. I can't even move my head now without risking him waking. Licking my dry lips, I try to escape his iron grip by unclasping his large hands around my body. But when I succeed on untangling four of his intertwined fingers, he suddenly groans and sits up.

For a second, I freeze. He woke up, didn't he? But then he sinks back down to the bed, burying his head into the crook of my shoulder and neck. His hand clasps around the upper part of my arm, all done magically in his sleep.

I can't breathe. All I can do is to beat myself over the situation, scolding myself for being so forgetful.
How could you possibly forget about his sleeping habits? Skies, Kir. You only have yourself to blame— you brought this down upon yourself.
His brown strands cascade a bit down to my cheek, feeling soft as silk against my skin.

God help me.

His scent is even more enchanting up close.

To my sensitive senses, the intoxicating fragrance of snow and a hint of lavender is overwhelming, while a normal person would smell just a pleasant aroma. To me, it feels like I'm drowning in his scent. But it's nothing like last time- it's a pleasurable experience, something that makes me want to get even closer.

If that's even possible.

I can only pretend to sleep as I feel his body vibrate slightly against my back. My eyes forcefully shut close, and I make myself relax, although its easier said than done.

I can feel the shock literally emanating from him as he registers what's going on. A soft curse echoes from his lips as he sits up, the bed dipping slightly under the shift of weight. "Kir. I can see what you mean you can't act to save your life." V's morning voice is so deep I wonder if I heard him or the low drone of the AC.

And I want to be sure, just in case it's
really the AC. So I stay put, motionless and holding my breath like my life depended on it.

But again, that might've been true to this situation.

"Kir." His voice rings firmer this time, and I jerk up to my feet in embarrassment. My dark hair falls like a soft waterfall down one side of my face, and I tilt my head to get it out of the way. "Ye-Yeah?" My voice is shaky as I stutter back at him.

He runs his fingers through his hair, his voice slightly hitching as he accuses me. "You knew I would do that, didn't you?" My eyes grow wide at his ridiculous words, dripping surprising childishness. "What do you mean? You're the one who pulled me into the bed!" I watch in shock as he blows out a frustrated breath. "Whatever. I don't have time for this."

What in the world is up with him? He has never stepped out of his sphere of maturity, and now he'd suddenly become a child.

He loosely pulls over a black jacket hanging on a rack, emblazoned with the colors of Carrera. His hair falls into his blazing eyes, pinned at me in blame. "Stay here. Don't come out under any cases." Voice rough, V slams the door behind him, leaving me dumbfounded and angry.

What did I ever do?

The more I stay in the room, I grow angrier and angrier. And when I get mad, I tend to show the rebellious, unpredictable side of me.