Caught

I flinch, my back suddenly taut as a rope and my eyes wide. My fingertips tingle like they've just been dipped in electrified water. I know that signal. It means something is wrong.

Something isn't right here.

V notices my sudden change in movement and action. He watches me carefully before placing a hand on my shoulder, mentally communicating why I was acting this way.

"Something's wrong." I whisper back quickly. "I feel like we're exposed."

He looks to the way we came through, listening for anything that signals people. "We need to move then. Fast."
Without much thinking, he twists the diamond free from the clasps and motions for me to follow him out.

We both remember the complex combination of steps as we reach the other side safely. But as we open the door, all hell breaks loose as we come face to face with the soldiers of Carrera.

There are men everywhere, all in synchronized uniforms. I gasp when they lunge at us, weapons drawn and ready to slice the two of us into pieces.

No.

V disappears into the crowd as men pile upon him, and I can only catch the silver of his knife as I'm forced to fight for my life as well.

Blades come for me on all sides, and it's impossible to avoid them all. Whenever I deflect one off, and no matter how fast I do it, another comes for me and I'm too late, too late to stop it from slashing into my skin.

Drawing blood.

I close my breathing off, so I don't smell my own life liquid slowly trickling out of me. But still, some parts get through my defenses and my mind is spinning, blazing.

We both know there's too many for us to take on, even if we are top assassins and fighters.

I only hope that V isn't too injured as something hard smashes against the back of my head, and everything goes black as night.