Betrayal

I finish turning off the security cameras and any microphones for the exact time period of ten minutes, which would be way more than enough time for the assassination to take place.

We try to get some sleep in before the mission, aiming to stay awake and alert for the coming dawn.

But I'm too excited, my mind buried too deep in anticipation. In less than four hours, we'd have the dead corpse of the Heir in our hands.

For the past hour I've been doing nothing but tossing and turning in the hotel bed, fidgeting constantly with concerned eagerness.

What if something goes wrong?

All of a sudden, I can smell the familiar scent of snow and dew, surrounding me like an aura. The bed dips slightly on my right side, and I know exactly who it is.

"What's wrong?" V asks, although he and I both know that he already knows what is wrong with me.

"Nothing. Just...excited."

And also very, very worried.

"Don't worry," he says, reading my mind. Then he tucks something around my neck, clipping the chain together with a simple click.

It's a chain necklace, glittering silver in the moonlight. The cold sterling silver rests against the bare skin of my neck, and I brush my fingers across the accessory.

"A necklace?"

"It's a tracker," he hesitates while saying it. V pulls down his collar as well, revealing the exact same necklace hanging around his neck.

"So we can always find each other."

A wave of warmth melts my heart as I trace the chain carefully. Skies, he could be so sweet sometimes.

"Thank you," I say, tucking my arms around him and pressing my lips quickly against his. His scent draws me in— so I give in, burying my head into his chest.

"Sleep, Kir. You need to rest." He tells me, unclasping my arms from around his body as he tucks me into the warm blankets. Then he kisses me on the forehead softly, and I look up.

"What about you?"

"I'll stay here if you want, until you fall asleep." He offers. "I'll keep watch over you, don't worry."

I nod gratefully, and feel the sweet wisps of sleep slowly pulling me under.

Time Skip

I keep my eyes on V's dark silhouette as he and Jungkook scales the walls of the palace. The night is still dark, giving the two cover as they near the chamber, where the king sleeps.

In the dark, I see V's knife flash a dangerous silver as he slides it out of the scabbard with one swift, graceful movement. Jungkook's shadow leans against the wall as V works to open the window silently.

Then I see them go in, and Lisa nods in approval besides me as the plan goes perfectly as planned.

Oh, how wrong we were.

My back tingles with warning as something crosses the air behind us. I quickly pull Lisa and myself behind the cover of a wall as two arrows whistle by, just where my head and Lisa's head was.

What's going on?

Lisa immediately stiffens as a single man appears in our vision. The figure of the man is strangely familiar as he steps out into where we could see him.

My eyes go wide as I instantly hold up a knife in self defense.

Why is he here?

Why is the Leader of the League here?!

"Hello, Lisa and Kir. I'm sorry about this. I truly am."

Then everything fits together.

He's not on our side, is he?

I realize there are men behind us as I twist my body back and lunge at the Leader. Lisa attacks the men aiming from us at the back, swift as a bird and vicious as a snake.

My fist makes contact with his as we lock ourselves in a fierce battle. But soon, I easily overpower him with sheer skill and agility— even though he's twice my age and my experience, I'm twice his fighting skill.

As my harsh kick meet with his chest, he flies back into the wall, hitting the wall behind him with a sickening crunch. But then as I draw my knife, he holds up something black and small— and presses the red button on it.

"You should've gone for the head, sweetie."

The gadget he's holding looks oddly like the one attached to the back of our battle garments he gave us.

Something stabs into the small of my back, and I feel a fluid enter my system. It's a drug— a huge overdose of it. The instant the drug goes in, my body snaps like a stick and I collapse like a rag dolls. Behind me, I can hear another thud as Lisa's body hits the cold ground as well.

"W-Why... have.." My speech is slurred to the point where it's not recognizable, and my vision has blurred so much I can't even see inches in front of me. I feel dizzy and lightheaded, so I know I don't have much time before losing my consciousness.

"So sorry, sweetheart."

I can hear the Leader say smugly as he bends down to my eye level. His dark eyes, filled with malice, split into three as I struggle to raise my body. But the attempt is futile— I'm too weak. The ground tilts a full one eighty degrees as I crumple to the ground, limp and unconscious.