Kirelei

V's POV

My heart breaks as her body goes limp as a rag doll.

She's alive, that I know.

She's strong, stronger than anyone I've ever seen. Stronger than what she thinks herself to be.

"She'll die if you don't let me go." I say, venom dripping from my words. "You don't want a valuable hostage dead in your hands, do you?"

At that, the man hesitates. I narrow my eyes at his boot, the one that hit her.

I want nothing more than to rip it from the joint with my bare hands, then close my hands around his throat and squeeze until he is dead through and through.

I'll bring her to you instead, you cold blooded thief. Can't trick me." My lip curls maliciously at his words.

You won't think you're so clever when I have my knife buried in your heart.

Which, unfortunately, is still beating.

When his hands wrap around Kir's waist, I bite my lip unconsciously.

I don't want his hands on her.

When he puts her down in front of me, I bend over her unconscious body, my eyes trailing the delicate features of her face. At that moment, I want nothing more than to make her mine.

It was my mistake I didn't do that a long time ago. It's the only mistake I've ever made since I'd come into the League.

When I look at her face, I feel love. When I look at her body, I feel lust.
When my eyes follow every motion of her graceful movement, desire blazes a path from my head to my heart, clouding all the thoughts that I'd had before.

She made me forget what I'd been doing a second ago, and I never forgot anything.

She was simply just too beautiful for her own good. Was that really her fault?

I can only hope my natural scent isn't masked by the blood as I hover centimeters above her face. My eyes slowly trace the gentle curve of her lips as she stirs, and her eyes gradually open to meet mine.

"V?"

I want to kiss her then and there.

But instead, I nuzzle her nose quickly and lift my head up to see the man wrench Kir away from me. She flinches at the sudden contact, but thankfully, her hemophobia seems to have calmed for now.

My own blood is sticky on my fingertips as I close my eyes against the pain. I know what's coming. I'd known since the moment we'd been captured, the moment where everything fell apart.

At least it's not her. Anything else but her.

I hear Kir scream as he kneels in front of me with a blade, glittering silver in the dim light. It's a scream of fear, not pain, and my stony eyes soften a bit at her frightened, vulnerable yells.

"I'll enjoy this," He whispers at me, and I stare daggers back at his rat like face, one I'd like to punch straight in the nose.

"I wonder if you'll still be enjoying it when I paint the ground thick with your blood."

His eyes harden in fury as he slashes upward, opening a cut across my cheek. I purse my lips at the pain, burning like fire across my face. But I don't make a sound.

I swear I won't make a sound.

I can see Kir furiously clawing at her chains, and my eyes widen with worry.

She's going to hurt herself if she continues doing that.

Before I can brace for the pain, the man tears the knife through my chest.