Invasion

I rush out of my room as the ground underneath me shakes and tilts. Trying to keep myself calm, I sway to balance my position against the vicious rocking of the floor.

Is this an earthquake?

But I immediately dismiss the idea. The headquarters had been built so structurally sound that no earthquake would shake the building this badly. Without a doubt, it was something else.

And that something else must be destructive in scale to cause this big of a quake.

By instinct, I run towards the epicenter, the source of all this chaos. All around me debris fall like rain, concrete and steel crashing onto the surface below. In the distance, I hear fearful screams and cries of pain as people struggle to get away from the plummeting pieces of debris and rubble.

"Kir!"

Soon after that, I feel a hand pull me back harshly. I can tell by the touch that it's V, and then Jungkook followed by his footsteps.

When I turn to look at them, I see the two of them dressed fully in battle garment, armed with guns and knives. Their eyes glint with alarm and bloodlust, expression frozen with seriousness.

 Their eyes glint with alarm and bloodlust, expression frozen with seriousness

V speaks rapidly to Jungkook while loading his gun and cocking it

"Protect her with your life, Kook. Take her someplace safe quickly. This is a battle we're bound to lose."

I flare up at his words. I didn't train for an eternity just to be protected like some vulnerable, helpless girl.

"I can fight as well. You don't-"

"Kir, listen to me." V grips both of my shoulders, knuckles turning white from the force. His voice is raspy and urgent, something that's unusual for V to have.

"You need to get out of here as fast as you can. The League has been attacked by the Alliance, and this location has been compromised. This is a fight we're destined to lose. You need to go."

I bite my lip and meet his eyes, my voice cracking a bit from fear.

"Then what about you? What are you planning to do?"

V swallows and pushes me to
Jungkook, who secures his arm around my waist tightly so I can't escape.

"Take her."

My mouth drops open in shock as Jungkook nods and flings me over his back. Before I can resist, his arms clamp down on top of my back.

"Let go of me, you stupid bunny. Kim Taehyung! What are you doing? Are you trying to get yourself killed? Come over here right now, you idiot!"

My desperate screams fade away along with the soft smile on his face. Hopelessness starts to cloud over my eyes as he raises a hand in farewell.

"You stupid idiot! Let go of me!"

Jungkook doesn't budge at my cries, his arms holding me down so tightly it's cutting off my circulation. He knows if the hold is any looser, then I would karate chop his head off and escape.

I kick my feet wildly as V slowly fades into the smoke, filled with the sound of gunshots and terrified screams. Before he completely disappears, I can hear his last words.

"Goodbye, Kirelei."