Chapter Three

I see Vic from a mile away as I'm leaving my class and making my way back to my dorm. I'm guessing he's heading to class.

We haven't really spoken since we met. I spent as much time out of our dorm as much as possible yesterday and Vic was both asleep when I got back from dinner with Sam and when I woke up this morning.

I watch him as he gets closer to me. He walks with such hesitance but keeps his head up. It's as if he's trying to fake a confidence he doesn't have. It's something I know all too well.

He has such a serious look on face and I can't help but to wonder what his smile looks like.

At first glance, it's not obvious that Vic's blind. He's not using his cane, he doesn't have a seeing eye dog and there's no one guiding him. I'm confused, but maybe I have some misconceptions about blind people.

I've never met a blind person before so maybe I would benefit from talking to Vic and educating myself.

I feel bad for staring, but god, he makes it so hard to take my eyes off him. He's so ridiculously attractive.

Although, soon enough I'm forced to tear my gaze away from Vic when two guys start being obnoxiously loud. They seem to be joking around and shoving each other, reminding me of the jocks from high school. Heck they even look like jocks.

One of them is wearing a blue sports jersey, the other one is wearing white Supreme shirt. The one in the jersey has platinum blonde hair and the other guy is a brunette. I would be lying if I said they weren't attractive but my gaydar is screaming 'straight' and they look like they're overcompensating their penis size with excessive use of hair products.

I notice a few people give them a look of disdain as they walk past.

I try to ignore them and just focus on keeping my head down so my hair falls in front of my face to cover my scar, something that I've gotten quite used to doing.

But then a clatter causes me to look up. It's takes me a second to realize that Vic has walked right into the guy in the Supreme shirt, or maybe, he had walked into Vic. There's books and coffee everywhere and Vic looks both terrified and mortified.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" The brunette shouts, immediately seeming aggravated.

Vic's frozen in his place, anxiety written all over his features. Poor guy, doesn't even know where to look.

"I'm so sorry." Vic apologises quickly. "I'm really sorry."

I wonder if he knows what he's even apologising for.

"These are fucking Gucci!" The guy shouts.

I look down at his shoes, that were once white, but are now covered in coffee.

"I'm really, really sorry." Vic stresses.

I don't know what to do. Obviously, he's not aware that Vic's blind. I wonder if I should step in and tell him, but this guy seems so pretentious that he probably wouldn't care either way. 

"Sorry doesn't fix my fucking shoes, does it?" This guy shouts, stepping forward and shoving Vic.

Vic stumbles back and few steps but seems more concerned about keeping his shades on his face rather than actually defending himself.

I notice the guy's fist clench as he seems to get more aggravated. Fuck, someone needs to do something.

Everyone who was walking by at the time of the incident is now standing around just gawking and poor Vic is about to get punched in his pretty face. And he doesn't even know it.