Chapter Nineteen

"You don't need to walk me to class," Vic chuckles as I open the door for him.

He leaves the room and I follow him out into the hallway.

"I want to spend time with you." I chirp.

"That's sweet." he smiles.

We begin walking down the hallway which is a little busy due to people heading off to their classes.

Vic reaches for my hand but the second his fingers touch mine, a surge of anxiety goes through me so I snap my hand away.

I look around frantically, to make sure that no one saw Vic try to grab my hand, but then I realize what just happened.

My boyfriend tried to hold my hand and I freaked out.

I take a breath to ease my anxiety and reassure myself that this is okay.

Although, I still can't bring myself to hold Vic's hand.

I decide to wrap my arms around his bicep instead. This way people will think I'm just helping the blind guy out.

I hate myself for that thought. It's so selfish. But it's the best I can do right now.

"You okay?" Vic asks me suddenly.

"Hmm?" I hum confused.

"I can feel how tense you are. Are you okay? What's wrong?" he asks confused.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I assure him.

"Are you sure, babe? You can tell me." Vic frowns.

"I am sure. You've got nothing to worry about."

He just nods seeming unconvinced.

I hate lying to him. I fucking hate it so much. But I can't tell him the truth. He would hate me.

We're silent the rest of the way to Vic's class as tension looms between us. Then when we arrive and it's time to say goodbye, I dodge Vic's kiss and give him an awkward half hug.

"I'll see you later." I tell him.

"Okay." he frowns, seeming confused and frustrated as he walks into his class.

I feel guilty and stupid. Why am I like this?

I begin walking back to my dorm, my head down even more than usual, until I hear my name.

"Hey Kell,"

I look up and see Brandon grinning as he practically skips towards me.

"Oh hey," I smile uncomfortably.

"I'm throwing a party later. You should totally come." he blurts out.

"Uh, I don't know. I have an assignment I need to prepare for." I shrug. It's true, but also going to my ex boyfriend's party is not something that sounds like fun to me.

"Oh please, Kell. There will be alcohol, and I want you to meet my new boyfriend, and you kind of owe me." he rambles.

"You have a new boyfriend?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah. His name is Dennis and he's cute and sweet and he doesn't just fucking abandon me." Brandon says condescendingly with a sickly sweet smile.

I shrink into myself, once again feeling horrible for hurting him.

"Anyway, tonight 8pm, hope you can make it. Ooh and bring that hot roommate of yours." he chirps then walks off.

I sigh defeated and head back to my dorm. I consider getting some schoolwork done but with the way I'm feeling right now, I doubt I'd even be able to concentrate.