Chapter Fourteen

"So where to now?" Vic asks as we leave the art museum.

He's now pulled out his cane and is using it which makes me smile. I check the time and see its only 4:30pm. Much too early to go back to the hotel and call it a night.

"The Washington Monument is only a twenty minute walk away. I wouldn't mind checking it out." I admit. "But if you're not interested..."

"Sure! Let's go. This is your trip. Besides, as long as you're enjoying yourself, I'm happy." he says sweetly.

I thank him softly and quickly get the directions up on my phone. Vic takes my hand again as we start waking. I assume it's so I can lead the way but secretly I'm hoping he just wants to hold my hand.

The walk is nice. Vic asks me more about myself, my favourite food, my favourite song, really easy, sweet questions. And I love it. I love feeling like I don't have to lie. Because I really hate lying to him.

As we approach the historical site, I notice the crowd of people surrounding it. I decide I'm not interested in that so I stop walking.

"We're here?" Vic asks.

"Yeah, it's over there. Let's just sit here on the grass. I can see it just fine." I suggest, taking a seat on the grass.

Vic folds up his cane then squats down before falling back onto the grass. He lays down and let's the sun light up his handsome features.

He takes my hand again which makes me smile. So he does want to hold my hand.

I move closer to him and brush my other hand through his shimmering hair, just admiring him. God, I can't take my eyes off him.

"Is it everything you thought it would be?" Vic asks.

It takes me a second to realize he's talking about the Washington Monument. I glance at it but quickly turn my attention back to Vic. I honestly couldn't give a single shit about the building right now.

So I decide to mess around with Vic a little.

"It's even better." I murmur, referring to the guy next to me, rather than the historical building I came here to see.

I bring my hand down to his cheek and brush my fingers along his smooth skin.

"Describe it." he murmurs.

"Beautiful," I breathe. "Like completely stunning. Literally breathtaking. And so sweet. And funny. So infatuating."

I feel his cheek warm under my palm as blush floods his face.

"I have a feeling you're not talking about the Washington Monument." Vic grins.

"Oh that old thing?" I giggle which makes Vic chuckle.

He reaches for my face so I push my cheek into his palm. He let's out a content little sigh and moves his thumb along my scar. I don't flinch and I don't pull away. I just let him feel it.

"Why aren't you my boyfriend yet?" he murmurs softly.

A huge part of me is in awe at the question, but there's still that other part of me that is terrified at the thought. I push it aside though, because I'll be damned if I let it ruin this for me.

"Because you haven't asked me to be yet." I mumble, pushing my fingers through his hair again.

"Why do I have to be the one to ask?" Vic points out with a chuckle.

"That's a fair point." I admit after a few seconds of thought.

I've never even considered asking Vic to be my boyfriend. I assumed that if it were ever to happen, he'd ask. But there's no reason why it shouldn't be me.