Chapter Seventeen

"And then in attempts to clean the soup I had just knocked into his lap, I grope him you-know-where, so I quickly pull my hand away, and accidently slap him in the face." Vic laughs, his fingers tightening around mine a little more as he does so.

"Oh my god. No way." I wheeze practically dying of laughter.

"And that was the first, and the very last time I went on a blind blind-date." he sighs, grinning widely.

"Babe, I'm so sorry." I laugh.

"Don't be. If I hadn't completely fucked that up, maybe I'd be with him and not with you. And hey, I kinda like you." he murmurs.

I lean forward and kiss his lips, probably for the hundredth time today.

Neither of us had classes today so we've just been hanging out all day.

Vic showed me how he uses his phone and how he watches, well listens to, movies, which amazes me how much technology has evolved to be accessible to people with disabilities. He answered a few more of my annoying questions and now we're laying on my bed while he's telling me loads of interesting stories about himself.

I almost can't believe how fucking interested I am in him. When I was dating Brandon, sometimes I'd kiss him just to shut him up. But with Vic, I could listen to him talk all day.

"Okay, I just told you one of my most embarrassing stories, and I say 'one' because there are many. Now you have to tell me one about you." he murmurs, nudging me.

I frown at the request. They're called 'embarrassing stories' for a reason. The last thing I want to do is embarrass myself in front of Vic more than I already have.

"Well there was this time I, like an idiot, left my suitcase in front of the door and my brand new roommate, whom I had never met, tripped over it." I blush, cringing at the memory.

"Oh my god, you're embarrassed about that? I'm the one who fucking fell over." Vic laughs.

"I'm embarrassed because I made you feel embarrassed." I whine, burying my face in his shoulder.

"Kells, you don't have to take on other people's shame or embarrassment." he murmurs with a soft chuckle.

His words hit harder and deeper than I think he intended them to, and I go silent as I sink into thoughts of the shame surrounding my sexuality.

"You're so cute." Vic sighs, squeezing my hand. He slowly shuffles his face across the pillow towards mine. Then he gently kisses my nose.

His gentle words reminds me of my homework from Dr. Levit.

"Hey, how would you describe me in three words?" I ask curiously.

"Hmm. That's tricky." he frowns thoughtfully. He rolls onto his back and pushes his shades back onto his face as they shift slightly.

"I would say...sweet, adorable," he pauses for thought. "And mysterious."

"Mysterious?" I frown.

"Yeah, you're quite mysterious. It's a good thing though. Keeps me intrigued." he admits.

The word doesn't sit right with me. It seems like a compliment but being mysterious was not my intention.

"In saying that though," Vic continues. "When you can see, you have the ability to not only make assumptions and judgements about people based on their appearance, but also to learn so much about them. I can really only exclusively get to know people through communication, and you're not a big talker so I guess in that sense you're mysterious to me." Vic explains. "But it's not a bad thing. Like I said, it just makes me all the more interested in you."