Chapter Thirteen

"My sister's friend is blind too. Do you know her?" the cab driver asks Vic.

The question amuses me. This guy is too stupid to even be mad at.

"Nope, no I don't know her." Vic chuckles awkwardly but I can tell he's getting some amusement out of this.

"Are you sure? Her name is Franny, she's tall, blonde hair..."

I'm trying not to snort as he continues to list off physical traits. He does understand blind people can't see, right?

"Doesn't ring a bell." Vic shrugs, playing along.

"You'd know her if you saw her. She has these huge–wait, have you ever seen a pair of tits, man?" the driver asks.

My jaw drops and Vic flushes red.

"Can't say I ever have." Vic answers calmly.

"Oh that sucks, dude." the driver sighs.

"Mm, yeah, it's a tragedy." he sighs with mock exasperation.

The cab pulls up to the curb and I realise we're finally at our hotel. Thank god.

I reluctantly pay the driver then usher Vic out of the cab as fast as possible. I go around to the trunk and get out our things, and gladly watch the cab speed off.

"He was a real piece of work." I snort.

"He was fucking hilarious." Vic chuckles. "Although I really hope he doesn't procreate."

I chuckle a little.

"And I thought I was ignorant."

I place Vic's suitcase in his hand then take his other one. I wonder if he likes holding my hand or if he would just rather not use his cane.

Part of me certainly hopes I have some kind of impact on him. He definitely makes me feel things.

We go into the hotel and I check us in, then I locate our room. When I swipe card into the door, I'm half expecting it to flash red, but it immediately unlocks.

I let out a relieved sigh and open the door. But my relief is short-lived.

"Are you kidding me?" I whine.

"What?" Vic frowns, unsure of what's going on.

"They screwed up our room." I sigh. "We got a double bed instead of two singles."

"I'm sure they'll fix it." Vic chirps.

"Yeah, but I can't be fucked going down to reception again. I'm exhausted." I sigh.

"We'll fix it later. Don't stress, Kell." Vic chirps.

"Okay," I nod, taking a breath to relax myself.

"Wanna show me around the room?" Vic chuckles, seeming a little embarrassed.

"Of course." I pipe, enthusiastically. I really want him to understand that I'm more than happy to help and that he shouldn't feel embarrassed about it.

"If we turn left, here is the bathroom."

I walk Vic into the bathroom and he runs his hand along the open door.

"Shower is over here."

He feels along the shower as I walk him through the room.

I spend the next half an hour guiding Vic around the room, getting him familiar with his surroundings, until he tells me he has a basic idea of how the room is set up.