Pensieve 22: At One Time, He Said He Loved You

‎"At one time, he said he loved you. You were his life, his reason, his destiny. At one time, you were each other's and he gave you everything. Then one day, he's with another woman, far away, or you're no longer a part of his life. Was he being dishonest? He didn't exactly lie. He did love you...at that moment. That kiss was real, his heart was true, and he really held your hand. It's just that the way he feels changed. And much better to accept, since things do really have a way of telling you they're over no matter how hard you try to hold on. And letting go of a man who wants to leave is one of the best acts of love you could give. Love starts as if you're in heaven and ends as if you're in hell. But that's really how it should be at the time when you're still young and not ready for the real thing yet. It will make you grow up, learn and be strong...preparing you for the best. Be proud if all throughout, you've trusted, you've loved, you've endured and faced the challenges of being with him head on. And shame on you if for one second your heart was fickle and you still stayed. What to do? Be a child again, for as long as you can. Study. Learn. Join a new club. Get into something productive. Take care of the present for a great future. Be so perfect, so beautiful and elegant as to make him regret he ever let go, to beg back for you. Change things so that everything would be his loss and not yours. Love God and yourself and everyone else important. Chase after your other dreams. Focus on the bright side of the situation. No more fights. No more stress. No more mistakes. No more hurting a person once important to you. And more time to study and educate yourself about life. And wait, wait...then wait some more...for that man who would give up everything for you in order to give you everything without asking him to do so. Wait for the man whose happiness is loving you, protecting you, taking care of you, and doing so unconditionally, simply because he wants to. Wait for the man who would live and die for you, be anyone and anything for you. And learn. Fall in love and get your heart broken, but only with the worthy man. Loving is never difficult. Love is the exact opposite of great effort. Because love is essentially part of you. What's hard is standing up for how you feel. How far will you go, for the one you love? But the more we are honest to ourselves and stand up for what we feel and believe in, I think the more God would love us. Don't deny that you're in love with someone if you are. And if he doesn't come...be proud that you've been strong, to accept the fact that you need him, to have waited for him, because at the very least, you accepted your heart's desires, you were true to yourself. That is something beautiful about the world. Everything about it may change except our constant need for love. People will always fall in love, get married or at least, look for someone. Most important, never forget to see beauty where it exists. Never forget to smile, and get the best out of life. Live life to the fullest and remember, happiness and success are your choices. It's up to you to wallow in misery of a story that ended, or choose the other option. More stories will happen in your life, more important than falling in love, more important than finding the right man. More people will rely on you, so be strong. And remember, there's always a good and bad side to everything. Sometimes, some stories have to end for better ones to start. Looking at your own story, you'll feel depressed. But looking at the overall Story made up of your and other people's stories, and you'll see nothing can be more beautiful or perfect."