Pensieve 28: Your Battle Is Also Everyone Else's Battle

Sometimes, we go through rough patches. It might be personal, an incurable illness, family issues, job struggles, career setbacks, a relationship starting to crash and burn, or simply that everyday battle for our psyche, our soul, - they are battles which we do not win. We get caught in the middle of wars we did not start, but we fight them anyway.

Because we have to. And at the end of it all, we feel tired, exhausted, drained, hopeless, miserable, feeling cheated, knowing the result is not what we have bargained for. And we ask ourselves, why we went with it, and what was the point of it all anyway?

We are all a mirror of each other, and your life's battles mirrors everyone else's. Regardless of status and circumstances, we are all similar in that we are all human, endowed with the human capacity to love, the tendency to be tempted, and the ability to hope. From your every failure, the others can learn a lesson. From your every victory, others can gain inspiration. Our actions, our desires, our sins and acts of goodness, our experiences is the everyday story through which the world moves, breathes, changes and grows.

No battle is ever pointless, even those which you lose. Because there are battles that are not destined to be won, but fated to be fought, the battles that are not destined to bring trophies of victory, but rather fated to leave a mark, both in yourself and in others. And sometimes, those battles are the ones worth fighting, because those are the ones that come with the most lessons and bring real change.

So the next time you are at your worst, the next time you lose hope - eat, sleep, rest, then keep going, keep fighting

Become an inspiration by becoming the person you've been made to believe you can never be.