Pensieve 42: Accept Others For Who They Are

Learning to accept others for who they are. I am not perfect. They aren't. No one is. We try not to judge but sometimes, we end up doing so anyway. The people I look for exist in books, but if people in books are real, they cannot make me happy because they have never been human. Learning to open myself up to the opinion of the world. My ideas on their own will not always work, are rarely the best, but together with others ideas, they can help make good things happen, they can make good things better. Learning to allow others to feel their own spotlight, enjoy their own moment. I've had mine, let others have theirs. Learning to appreciate what I have. I cannot whine and cry when others can only dream of the things I have and take for granted. Learning to treasure the people who have chosen me to be part of their lives. Because not eveyone will make that choice. Learning to be less conscious of who you are. You are who you have chosen to be, you know best why you should act the way you do and think the way you think. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.