Pensieve 31: The Cross Has No End

The Cross Has No End

The cross had to be carried all the way to the end of the road. That road that was uneven and full of rocks, twisting and turning here amd there, sometimes dark and filled with terrors that lurked everywhere, sometimes bright but filled with temptations whose seduction powers are heightened in light of day. There are days when the road was straight and narrow, but there are also days when it seemed confusing, to lead everywhere and nowhere all at once. At long last, he reached the end of the road, tired and hungry and parched with thirst. And rest, eat and drink he did. In front of him is his destination, and also another cross, larger and heavier than the one he bore before, but when he lifted it, it weighed almost the same as the one he had to carry. His muscles had grown stronger from  carrying the old cross, his endurance made stronger by everything he had faced, his mind grown wiser by the lessons he had learned. Unsure of what awaits on the other end, he shouldered his cross as gracefully as he could, and turned to enter the path that is sure to be more difficult than the previous one. He knows the cross has no end but the End itself, yet on he walked with goal in mind and a good resolve.