> eins <

Song For This Chapter: You Me At Six- Carpe Diem

-----

Today was my twelfth first day. My parents jobs involve a lot of moving around so that meant me moving school after a year or so.

My name's Matilda, but I prefer Tilly. I have long, wavy honey coloured hair with mint green tips, blue eyes, tongue piercing, several ear piercings including scaffolding on my right ear. I'd say I was average looking, like not pretty enough to have boys falling at my feet but not ugly so that everyone would avoid me in case they caught the 'ugly' disease.

I've never really had friends since we're constantly moving but I try to be nice to people, the key word there is try. I'm not a bully, trust me, I just have problems socialising properly.

This house is in Sydney Australia, it's quite big and I don't have to share with my older sister this time- thank god. I need my own privacy and so does she because honestly I'm scarred for life after walking in on her grinding up against a random boy, on my bed. She could've used her own and I really didn't appreciate her reasoning either, I didn't care that my bed was closer to the door, she still could've used her own.

I was born in Essex in England and moved to France when I was about 5, that was 12 years ago. Since then I've lived in America, Canada, South Africa, Germany, China, India, New Zealand and now Australia.

So far Syndey is alright, I suppose, I haven't really ventured out that much to be honest. Jet lag isn't that bad this time around since we moved from New Zealand.

School starts tomorrow and the uniform is honestly disgusting. Bottle green blazer, black knee length skirt, white shirt and all black shoes. I've added badges to the blazer to make it less disgusting and then tacked my skirt up to make it shorter, I am not wearing it to my knee, I am not a nun. Add all black converse, a chiffon blouse and patterned tights and I've made it look a lot better.

My room only has one more box to unpack and I may as well unpack it since I have nothing better to do. I grab a pair of scissors and slice the top of the box open.

I remove the layer of bubble wrap from the top and momentarily get distracted by popping some of the bubbles.

I begin getting out the clothes and then hang them up in my walk in wardrobe. This process goes on until the box is empty, I'm tired and decide to change into some pyjama shorts and a baggy t-shirt before climbing into bed and closing my eyes.

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of my alarm and scratching at my face.

"When did we get a cat?" I ask, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Very funny," my sister scowled, looking down at her acrylic nails, "now get up, your alarm is annoying me." she says before sauntering out of my room and leaving the door ajar. Charming, isn't she?

I forced myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and realise that I forgot to take my make up off last night. Racoon look complete. I groan before grabbing a towel and hopping into the shower. The warm water instantly wakes me up properly and I quickly shave my legs and other areas and wash with my favourite shower gel. It's my rations of my Bath And Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel, I bought about 4 bottles before we moved from America.

I get out the shower and quickly dry my body before shoving my uniform on.

I go over to my desk and do my makeup. Foundation, winged eyeliner, mascara and I fill in my eyebrows. Eyebrow game is strong.

I then blow dry my hair straight and run back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and gargle some mouthwash. I then apply a subtle coral lipstick, grab my bag and leg it down the stairs. I grab an apple before running out of the house. I would drive there but I only know my way to the school by foot.