Chapter 11

Dawid offered to escort me back to my room when we got home and I was happy to oblige

Dawid offered to escort me back to my room when we got home and I was happy to oblige. I decided I didn't want to be a chicken shit about this. If even Iwo thought Dawid liked me, then there really wasn't any doubt was there?

I knew I liked him. He was sweet and so damn patient with me. I had never had anyone be so patient with me. Or tell me they liked my hair. Or me for that matter.

"You wanna come inside?" I asked as we reached the door to my room.

"Sure," he said and sent me a very bright smile. I lived for those smiles.

He closed the door behind him and leaned against it. "Hey Aura?"

"Yeah?"

"I... I meant what I said... When I said I liked you," he said very hesitantly.

I smiled. "I like you too."

"No, I mean... I really like you. Like... Like-like." He stepped forward and took my hands in his so gently as if he was afraid to break them.

"Dawid, I like you too," I said with a bit of a shivering voice. The whole 'don't be a chicken shit' kind of disappeared and my nerves were doing my head in.

"I have to say something though," he said. "I have to explain. I'm..." He sighed very deeply.

"Dawid, I'm not affectionate either," I blurted out before I could stop myself.

"What?" He looked dumbfounded at me.

"Iwo kind of told me and I'm... I'm the same. I don't like... That. I mean, it's fine and all, but I can be without. I prefer to be without, which is why all of my previous relationships failed. Probably also because I have such a hard time opening up, you know? And-"

Dawid softly placed his warm palm against my cheek, stopping me from completely rambling my own mouth off my face.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked very quietly, his grey eyes becoming slightly hooded as he looked down at my lips.

I nodded.

He slowly bent down and softly kissed me. It was such a sweet kiss. So gentle. I could taste the rum from his last drink on his lips, but that wasn't what was intoxicating. It was him, being this close to me. It was like I felt everything all at once and it sent my heart almost galloping out of my chest.

He pulled back slightly but I followed and kissed him again. My pulse was banging in my ears, but I had never felt so right in my entire life. I hadn't known Dawid for long, but I had fallen hard for him right away. He was so sweet and gentle in everything he did. I couldn't believe I had thought he was a little scary in the beginning.

"Can I stay here?" he asked and pulled back, so he could read my lips.

"Of course. I love cuddling," I said with a grin.