Chapter 25

Dawid's fingers ran over my side and I got the chills

Dawid's fingers ran over my side and I got the chills. My body shook and he chuckled.

"Ticklish?" he asked.

I looked back at him, over my shoulder and nodded. He circled his arm around me and pulled me close, kissing my throat.

"I love you," he whispered against my skin. I could feel his teeth so he had to be smiling.

Spending my days on the sofa with my boyfriend was one of my favourite pastimes. He was so cute. I turned around and took his face in my hands, pulling his cute face down to me so I could kiss him.

"Gross!" Iwo growled from the door.

I snickered and looked up and Dawid sat up... Kind of. I stayed on his chest but we were sitting in this awkward position now that was still really comfortable.

Dawid signed something at his brother and Iwo shot him a tired look as he shuffled across the floor and slumped down in the armchair next to the sofa.

"It's not fair when you sign," I said.

Dawid laughed and signed something at me this time. "You just gotta learn."

"Easy for you to say, Mr Smart."

"I'm not smart," he said softly and kissed me.

Iwo threw a pillow at us and it landed right in our faces. Dawid threw it back and Iwo was just about to rise and probably hit his brother when Kissy came into the living room. Iwo immediately dropped the pillow and sat back down in the chair, turning his attention back to the telly.

Kissy clenched her jaw and folded her arms over her chest. "You coming?"

Iwo glanced up at her and shrugged a shoulder. "Nah."

"So you don't wanna hunt together anymore?"

Iwo was fighting hard to keep his focus on the telly. I could tell by the vein popping out of his throat.

"Dawid and Aura, can we get a moment?" Kissy asked without even looking at us. Neither Dawid nor I felt like sticking around for this so we left. Except Frej was standing outside in the hall, grabbed my arm and put his finger on his lips.

"Let's listen in," he whispered.

Dawid tapped his sound processor. "Have fun." He left us before I could say anything. I mean, I could understand how eavesdropping wasn't the most fun thing for someone who was deaf, but... I wanted to hear this. Dawid looked over his shoulder, sending me a smile before turning the corner. A smile that definitely promised he'd get back at me for this. I snorted and looked up at Frej. He rolled his eyes a bit and very carefully snuck a little closer to the door to the living room.

"Are you done being an asshole?" Kissy's voice sounded through the door.

"Are you done being a heartless bitch?" Iwo countered.