Chapter 21

Later we finally found Tec in one of the other rooms, this one more traditionally furnished with small tables scattered around for people to sit and have casual conversations at

Tec smiled very widely at his husband, holding his arm out and bringing him into his lap. "I've missed you," Tec murmured before he kissed the redhead.

"Surely you haven't," Frej laughed.

"I'm afraid I can't entertain your husband like you can," an Indian woman with a chain in her nose ring said. She adjusted her very pretty veil and smiled at me, holding a henna-tattooed hand out towards me. "I don't think I've met you before."

I looked down at her hand, hesitantly taking it in my and gave it a small shake.

"One of yours, Tec?" she asked and glanced over at my deity.

He seemed a little preoccupied with whispering something in Frej's ear, that made Frej just as red in his face as his hair.

"Yes. She's mine," he finally replied. Frej jumped off Tec's thighs and Tec rose to his feet. "Why don't you get better acquainted. I've been a very neglectful husband after all. Better make sure he won't leave me." Tec chuckled and brought Frej very close to his chest.

Well, that sexual tension was thick enough to cut through and I felt like a weight lifted when the two of them left the room.

"So... They're just gonna...?" I asked and looked up at Dawid.

"This event is for all kinds of pleasures. Visual, culinary, musical, artistic and whatever else your heart desires," the woman replied before Dawid could. "I am Gayatri. Mitra's my husband."

"Oh," I said in lack of something better to say.

"Your name, child?" She smiled softly at me.

"Uh, Aura." Come on, Aura. Be a regular person for a minute.

"That's a very lovely name. Just as lovely as the bearer of it." She got an entirely different look in her eyes, her long golden nails drawing circles on the table top.

"She's spoken for," Dawid said.

"What is it with your family?" Gayatri asked and looked over at Dawid. "You're so possessive and protective over what's yours. I have no intention of keeping her. Just having her for one night."

"Uhm, I'm really flattered, thanks but uhm... Yeah, no thanks. No offence," I said, trying to not piss her off. I mean, she was our hostess and everything.

"Alas, I must've lost my flair. This is the second time I've been turned down tonight. Maybe your twin will be more open to my proposal." Gayatri apparently didn't wanna hang with someone who didn't wanna sleep with her so she left me and Dawid alone at the table.

"What. The. Fuck," I breathed and widened my eyes.

"Both her and her husband live by the rules of not limiting themselves or each other. So if they see something or someone they like, they go for it." Dawid shrugged. "I guess she liked you."