Chapter 13

"So, basically you just twist the curling iron like this and voilà!" Kissy chirped and whipped the curling iron like a magician in the air, my hair falling down in a soft curl, rather than its normal frizz

"Woah." I leaned forward, looking at myself in the mirror and ran my fingers over the warm lock of hair.

"Come on, let me do the rest," she said, her shoulders almost touching her ears as she flashed me a dimple filled smile.

"Can I borrow this?" Frej asked and waved a little flagon of nail polish around.

"Oui."Kissy returned her attention to my hair with a very concentrated look on her face. I battled down a snort and caught Frej's gaze in the mirror.

"You look weird today," he said and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well, thanks?" I looked up at Kissy who just sent me a saying look.

"How's Dawid?" Frej asked and opened the nail polish. 

I rolled my eyes. Everyone knew Dawid had slept in my room for the past week. We liked sleeping together. Actually sleeping. Amazing how everyone was this up in arms about us having slumber parties... And... Drinking each other's blood. I didn't even know if I should be creeped out by that or just revel in how amazing it had felt.

Frej looked down at his newly painted fingernail and then flicked his eyes back at me. "Or is it supposed to be a secret? Because you're both shit at keeping it if that's the case."

"It's not a secret. I just don't feel like talking about it," I said and shrugged a shoulder.

"Is it because he doesn't have sex with people?" Frej asked totally nonchalantly.

"Uh..."

"I mean, it's not like he keeps that a secret." Frej shrugged and turned his attention back to his nails.

"And it's not like you don't just blabber on about people's private matters," Kissy chimed in.

"What? Aura and I are friends. Friends talk about potential boyfriends. And it's not like I'm judging. Dawid is just really dry and Aura isn't."

"Dawid isn't dry," I said. "He's... Special."

"He's special," both Kissy and Frej said, imitating me and doing it very over-dramatically, making me roll my eyes again.

"He is! I... I like him," I said a little sheepishly.

"So the whole 'no sex' thing doesn't bother you?" Frej asked. 

"No." I hated talking about this.

"Well, different strokes for different folks and all that." He shrugged and finished painting his nails on one hand, moving on to the next. "Xipe isn't big on it either."