Chapter 26

"So, what are we doing exactly?" I asked

Tec smiled. "We're draining someone and bringing the blood back to the house."

"Why aren't everyone just hunting?"

"Frej needs it. And it's just good to have blood around the house in case someone is unable to make it out to hunt." He shrugged a shoulder and we turned a corner. "Oh, by the way. We totally raided a blood bank if Frej asks."

I rolled my eyes and didn't even deem that worthy of a response.

Instead, I turned my attention back to the street. A man was lounging further down the alleyway and we both silently agreed that that would be our target.

I took the lead, not making a single sound. Perks of not wearing shoes when you hunt.

I made it to the man and grabbed his arm. He turned and black eyes stared down at me.

"Aura, get awa-" Tec was caught off and the black eyes became everything. Black surrounded me and everything just... Stopped.

"Aura."

God, I was tired.

"Aura, you can't sleep here."

I opened my eyes and looked up at my co-worker Mark. "Sorry, I'm really knackered."

"I can see that, but you can't sleep on the job, Aura."

I shook my head and straightened in my chair. I looked back at my screen, sighing very deeply. I had a deadline to uphold after all. I looked around the office before looking back at my screen. It was lunch time soon and I did feel hungry.

Another half hour snailed past me and I went up to get my lunch from the cafeteria. It was a large company so we had this massive food court. When I got my tray I stopped and looked around. I didn't wanna intrude on anyone's conversations, so I found an empty table and sat down. As I started unpacking my lunch, a woman came to my table.

"Sorry, can you move to another table? We're a big group and we're going to work through lunch."

"Oh, yeah of course. Sure," I said and hurried to gather up my lunch. I left the table and looked back at the group. None had any paper or notebooks. They weren't going to work.