Chapter 23

Hunting in a massive city like New York took finesse

Hunting in a massive city like New York took finesse. It wasn't just about killing someone and dumping their body. It was about choosing the right person and the right place. Or so Tec said.

He was with me as we both stalked after this very broad man. We both wanted him, I could feel that much. And maybe we'd need to be two to bring down that massive mountain of a person.

He turned down a smaller alley and we saw our chance. I was the first to initiate as per instruction of Tec. I grabbed his hand and he looked down at me with wide eyes.

"Relax," I said softly, holding his gaze captive.

He blinked very slowly and then nodded. I pulled him further down the alley and into the shadows. Tec emerged behind me, smiling at the man. The man smiled back. I moved out of the way as Tec, gently took the man's chin in his hand, moving the man's head to the side. Tec inhaled sharply before plunging his teeth into the man's neck.

I took the man's wrist in my hand and my teeth punctured his skin. His blood was sweet, but not too sweet. I could almost taste the bourbon he probably drank litres of.

A soft moan escaped Tec as he pressed his body against the man. I wondered if I needed to give them space when we both pulled back, the man dead.

"Well, that..." Tec murmured and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his jacket. "Fuck." He reached out for the wall behind him and softly leaned against it.

I knew exactly what he meant. I was feeling delightfully lightheaded. I sat down next his legs and rested my head against them until he dumped down on the ground too.

"You know... I wish Frej would feed with me," he muttered with a slurred voice.

I blinked and tried to wipe the blurriness out of my eye. "Why?"

"Because sometimes I get horny as fuck after feeding and he's not around."

I groaned and softly hit his arm. "I didn't need to know that."

"What? You asked," he laughed and staggered to his feet. "Is this like some weird thing where humans don't like hearing about their parents having sex or what?" He reached his hand out to me. I grabbed it and let him pull me to my feet.

"No. I just don't wanna hear about anyone having sex."

Tec laughed again and put his arm around me. "Well, it happens. People make love and children and shit."

I had never heard Tec being this... Badly spoken. He was usually really well-spoken. Like on a whole different level than a lot of people, but right now he sounded much like someone from my own generation, his accent aside.

"Yeah, well good for them," I murmured. I was definitely starting to get more clear-headed already.

"So you don't wanna hear about all of my skills? All of Frej's? I thought we were better friends now." He made a pretend sad face and I couldn't help but smile. He looked ridiculous.