Chapter 20

So Mitra, Tec's friend, lived in the 'burbs

So Mitra, Tec's friend, lived in the 'burbs. In a massive mansion outside of New York in the suburb called Westchester. There was nothing but mansions on the street. And it was a gated community too. Honestly, this was ridiculous. I didn't understand what you needed this much stuff for.

"So, when we get there, remember; the blood is spiced. Use your noses," Tec instructed. "Thyme makes you happy. Rosemary makes you very awake and for the love of Death, Aura, stay away from the lavender."

"Oh hardy harhar," I muttered under my breath.

"I'll stay with Aura tonight," Frej said. "I know you have people to talk to, my love." He kissed Tec's cheek. 

"And if Aura's with you, Mitra won't get friendly again," Kissy said and shot a sly smile at Frej, one which Frej just returned with a tired one.

The ridiculous stretched limo Mitra had sent for us finally stopped in front of the most ridiculous mansion I had ever seen in my entire life. It had columns. Freaking Corinthian columns on either side of the massive double doors with gold hinges. And yep, there were lion head door hammers on the doors too.

Can someone say tacky?

Frej was fast to grab my arm and didn't seem like he wanted to let go anytime soon.

"What are you so afraid of Frej?" I asked with a low voice as we entered the hall.

"You'll see in a minute," he murmured back.

Right in the centre of the hall stood a tall Indian guy, barely dressed. He was just wearing a pair of harem's trousers and a robe like he was in the cast of some odd Bollywood film. Because he was also wearing a pair of Ray Ban specs and a massive Rolex watch. He was just bizarre to look at. His hair went down to his waist and there were several golden pearls in it.

"Tec! Finally!" the weird man exclaimed and gave Tec a very tight hug. Tec hugged the man back just as fiercely. "And Frej," he said and smiled very widely at the redhead. "As beautiful as ever. Will you be performing tonight?"

"Mitra," Frej said with a soft voice and placed a kiss on each of the weird guy's cheeks. "You ask me every year and every year will be the same answer."

"So I can't even look forward to seeing you and your husband later then?" Mitra asked, not seemingly very discouraged by being turned down by Frej.

"No," Tec said before Frej could. "And you know that."

"Alas, you're still selfish, Xipe Totec," Mitra laughed. "But welcome all of you. Come in, drink the blood provided for your kind. Have fun. Watch the performers. Join them. Do whatever your heart desires." His honey coloured eyes landed on me and he winked at me.

"I will return later," Dawid said and kissed my hair, leaving with his brother. Kissy trailed after Tec and Mitra, while Frej kept me in the hall. When everyone had left us, we walked into a living room... I think. This room was kind of furnished like some historical film about the middle east. There were pillows placed in circles on the floors and big water pipes in the middle of the pillow circles. We found an empty circle and Frej grabbed the mouthpiece for the pipe and inhaled for an almost inhumanely long time, before exhaling in a very big cloud.