Chapter 27

We continued walking

We continued walking. There were more doors with more names on them.

"Is there a door for everyone?" I asked tentatively.

"Yes." Tec glanced down at me without stopping. "This is where you all would've ended up if I didn't give you a second chance."

I took his hand in mine and gave it a squeeze. "Thank you."

He squeezed it back and smiled back.

"That's sweet, Tec."

Tec stopped and pulled me behind him. "Teo," he growled much like a wild animal.

"You can't be surprised to see me." He was leaning against the wall, between two doors. So, that was the famous Teo. He looked just like the other Aztec deities, but... He looked sick. Thin and sick.

"I'm not. Snakes always find a way to slither right back in where they don't belong."

Teo chuckled and pushed himself out from the wall. "You know, you should show some respect. I'm the God of Death after all."

Tec took a step back, pushing me back too. "That's a lie. Ton was-"

"Weak. So weak," Teo interrupted and nodded towards a door on his right. It had a golden plaque on it just like the others. Ixtlilton was written on it and it slowly opened.

A man was sitting on the floor. Two bodies were next to him. Ton sat with a hand of the bodies in each of his. He didn't say anything, he just sat there. I didn't know the female body, but I recognised Tec.

The real Tec exploded in rage. He stormed forwards, towards Teo but Teo just flicked his hand and another door opened, sucking Tec inside. Both open doors slammed shut.

And that left me.

"Aura," he said and tipped his head to the side, slowly walking forwards. "I was hoping to never meet you."

I backed up, feeling my heart slam in my chest. I needed to get Tec back out of that room. I ran towards it and tried to open it, but it didn't budge one bit.

Teo's hand slammed on it, pressing my body up against the door. "Maybe I should've left you alone and instead tried to make friends with you. I grow lonely here."
"Why? You have such a winning personality," I said with a shivering voice.

"You'll be entertaining enough. I do have someone to keep you company too."

I heard another door open and he grabbed my arms, digging his fingers in and shoved me inside. The door closed right in my face and it was locked.

"Asshole!" I screamed and slammed my fists against the wood. But it didn't even leave a mark.

"He is. An asshole," someone said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw a woman sitting alone by a table. It was set for tea. "I don't know why he keeps me here."