You Can't Wear A Bikini in a Shopping Centre

It was sunny.
Fuck.
I hated sunny.
It was summer so pretty much everything was pretty much guaranteed to scorch everyones' heads off.

My only salvation was that I wasn't actually in the sun where we were.
"Autumn, what about this one?" My best friend in the entire world appeared round the corner of an aisle, holding a white t-shirt bearing the words "Girls Like Girls" on the front.
I was clothes shopping with my girlfriend. And I was loving every second of it.
Ok well we weren't officially girlfriends. Like we hadn't walked up to each other one day and just decided that we were. We just both thought of each other like that so it was kind of agreed.

"I mean its kind of old.... Like that was literally from a century ago,"I replied,"I mean not that i dissaprove-"
"Hayley Kiyoko will never die,"She responded, smiling.
"I literally have that top, and you steal it most of the time."
"Well you steal mine too so don't pin this all on me."

A vivid image of me wearing one of her onesies popped into my head.
I decided not to mention that.

She thought for a while, seemingly coming to an affirmative.
"I'm getting it."

I gave her a tiny sarcastic round of applause, as she added it to the floating mass of clothing behind her.

Her power was a lot more useful than mine; I mean at least in everyday circumstances. She could manipulate gravity, meaning she could carry a lot more than if she just used her hands like everyone else.
It seemed like she was doing it effortlessly, but I could see how hard she was concentrating. She was good at it, but she couldn't hide that tiny frown.

"You know you could just use a basket,"I suggested.
"No, I like doing it this way,"She replied.
I shrugged. She rarely ever changed her mind once she'd decided on something.

My hands still in the pockets of my hoodie; we walked to the checkout area. I was regretting my clothing style choices, beacuse the second I went outside I knew I'd be roasted to death again.
Even so a hoodie and a captain marvel t shirt weren't too terrible decisions, but I was very happy I'd gone with shorts.

Celestia however had been far less sensible. She wore a bikini.
In a shopping centre. I mean along with a hoodie, but still. A bikini. In a shopping centre.

I had to consciously not look down at her body, but it was kind of difficult considering how distracting the bikini itself was. I mean fuchsia was a pretty vibrant colour.

I wish I had a body like that. I could probably wear a bikini and nobody would say a thing, but with my body type I doubted I could pull it off.

"Are we done yet?"I asked, tired.
I wasn't looking forwards to dying in the sun but we'd been shopping for the last five hours and my arms hurt from holding some of the bags.
"One more stop,"Celestia assured.
I sagged. "Where?"
"Oh you'll like this,"She smiled.
"More than clothes?"
"More than clothes."

She took us to the checkout, all our items scanned amazingly fast by the automated cashier, before being split into into two bags; one for me and one for her.
I didn't particularly mind who's was in who's. I liked sharing with her. Clothes, anyway.

Food was a different matter.

We walked back through the aisles, past sparse crowds of other shoppers and back out into the open.

The heat hit me like a boxing glove.
Fucking climate change.
Couldn't those idiots in the 21st century stop it a tiny bit sooner?

It had stopped around 2050, according to the internet, followed by a steady, but agonisingly slow decline in its impacts. So it was still uncomfortably hot around here. I shuddered to think what it was like before.