Mother

I'd drifted off with those comforting words repeating themselves in my ears like a lullaby.
No dreams plagued me that night, thankfully. I'd been emotional enough as it was, without having that newfound confidence smashed with a sledgehammer of self-doubt.
So it was like I'd blinked when I woke up again, the same thought echoing around in my head.

Celestia loved me, and I loved her back with all my heart.
We made each other stronger, just by being there, and we were unstoppable.

Then I realised Celestia was still asleep. Again. For the second time in a row.
Absoloutely amazing.

I'd fallen asleep with Celestia's oversized hoodie on, the one I'd worn spray-painting. The zip was open, revealing my bra and the bare skin underneath. My legs were bare though, and oddly I'd fallen asleep on my back for once, so I could perfectly feel Tia's soft, curly hair tickling me.

She lay on top of me, her head a comforting weight on my thighs and her hand motionless on my lower belly.
Well I guess, to know the ways of the pillow you must become the pillow.
Her face was turned towards me, even though her eyes were still closed.
She looked really cute like that.

I twisted my head to look at my arm, the one with the band around just below the shoulder.
I lifted it a bit, flexing my fingers and feeling how they moved.
It felt entierly normal.

Valkyrie was far better than I gave her credit for, and she was almost inhumanly good at this.
I eased the band off a bit, down to my wrist where it was less tight, before relaxing again.

This was surprisingly comfortable.
The kaliodoscopic patches of blue and pink wallpaper in the half-light, and Tia's glistening hair made a fireworks display all around the room.

"Beautiful isn't it?"Celestia whispered gently.
I looked back at her and her eyes were open and staring at me with a glint of happiness.
"It really is,"I agreed.
"Reconsidering having plain-ass wallpaper now?"Tia teased, moving her head higher up to the even softer, more ticklish part of my thighs.
Her hair was so tickley I had to fight back a laugh.

"Not at all,"I replied, attempting to keep an even voice.
But Celestia kept moving, and from her malicious smile, she knew exactly what she was doing.

"Tia!"I giggled,"That tickles!"
"That's the point, silly,"She replied, laughing.
But then the doorbell went, and we both froze, smiles falling.

"We're not expecting anyone right?"Tia checked, sliding off me and slipping her shoes back on.
I slid off after her, pulling my skirt back on and taking my phone out of the pocket,"Not that I recall?"
I opened it up, and there was one message-from Luna.

It said it was sent a few seconds ago, and it had an extremely ominous tone.
It read,"Do not open your door."

"Uh Tia?"I showed it to her, face grim
Her expression mirrored mine,"That's not good."
"Do we have a backup plan?"
"Well there's the window, but I really don't want to break that."

The doorbell sounded again, although this time it was accompanied by some rather loud banging.

Celestia went out into the hallway, and I followed closely behind. We came into the main room, and just stared at the door.
My fingers danced over the keyboard, as I typed back,"Any chance of assistance?"
"There's too many of them for me to take alone,"She replied just as fast,"Backup's coming, sit tight until then."

"Luna says backup's coming,"I relayed.
"I really don't think we have very long,"Tia speculated,"They'll break the door down eventually."
"We could barricade it?"

"It's not that sort of door, Autumn."

There was complete silence.

"We could just let them in? Like they probably won't hurt us unprovoked?"I suggested despairingly.
"So after Luna says to specifically not open the door, you suggest to open the door?"
"Okay good point."