Execution

Vindicator had us lined up, power-supression chips on, handcuffed and all.

We stood knee-deep in the clear blue water surrounding outer rim of buildings, theoretically in front of where The Walls stood.
A few fishes swam about between my feet.

I'd reach down to play with them, but with handcuffs on that probably wouldn't work.

It wasn't me and Morwenna here now; Vindicator had had her put away somewhere. Probably to gloat.
Morwenna looked devastated, not saying anything at all since... what had happened at The Dome.
She'd looked lifeless, not fighting at all when the soldiers came to take haul her away.

I'd done the same. Knowing I couldn't do anything to stop Tia from dying, I...
Everything was pointless now.

The dying mess of the rebellion

Struggling at all.
Even me being alive.

My mother had been right, all this time, but I'd never seen it.
I was useless. I was a fucking faliure. I'd never be able to help anyone.
A killer. A tranny. A fat fucking useless bitch.

"In exactly one minuite, you are going to step through that wall,"Vindicator ordered, floating in the air behind us,"And you are going to die. Resistance has been for nothing. Enjoy what you have left of your pride."

A long line of other rebels who's powers hadn't been taken stretched out to either side of me, each bearing the rainbow flag defiantly on the back of their suits.

This looked like it would be an act of martyrdom, but then there was nobody left to witness it now. It wouldn't count. None of it would
This was all pointless.

I looked to the person on my right, being surprised to see Gideon looking back at me.

"Gideon?"I asked.
"Hi Autumn,"He replied sadly

It struck me that I didn't know what had happened to Luna or Nico or him, and I hadn't even gone to check.
Celestia had been my top priority. Not that that'd helped.

"Do you know what happened to Nico or Luna?"I probed
"Still unconscious I think,"He replied,"Celestia?"
"Also unconscious,"I retorted

I sighed.
This would've been funny if it wasn't so fucking sad.

"So, Autumn, this is- will be our first time having a one on one conversation together,"Gideon stuttered.
I nodded,"Pretty bad time for it though."
He nodded in agreement.

"So hey,"I continued, putting on a fake smile for what would probably be the last time,"I'm Autumn. And it's been nice fighting alongside you."
"Same here,"He returned, trying to smile. It ended up only accomplishing a grimace. "I... I'm sorry we couldn't talk to each other more. Meet up. Become friends."
"Yeah. That would've been nice,"I replied, a small but bright idea occurring to me only now,"We could've had a double date with Nico and Tia here or something."
We both smiled sadly at that.

Tears welled up in both my eyes, but I couldn't brush them away.

The life we all could've had together.
Morwenna and Reyna acting as the mums to everyone, me and Tia as the cute couple, Nico and Gideon as the funny couple. Luna as the third wheel to both and Valkyrie as that one gay aunt.

I missed them.
But most of all; I missed Celestia.

The tears came faster now as the thought of them filled me up.