Burn

Reyna was dead.
Gideon was dead too.
Everyone else... I wasn't sure.

Reyna I'd known for a long time- over three years now.
Gideon - for less than a month.
They all hurt, but I couldn't think about that now
And Vindicator had killed all of them, along with everyone else who'd escaped protocol X.

Everyone Protocol X had affected was either dead or dying; Tia and almost all of my remaining friends included, leaving only me alive.
There was the faintest chance they could be alive too.
But it was slim, and I was probably too late.
It was better to expect the worst and be surprised, Autumn, than to have that hope torn to sheds.

I didn't deserve to be alive now.
I'd deserved to die too. Standing there and watching everyone I love die right in front of my eyes.
It was like a hole left in my heart; so big there was nothing left of it.

Just like there was no one left for me.

No more love.
No more empathy.
Just hate.
Just revenge.

The Walls shrank away from me like I physically burnt them.
I floated through them effortlessly, feeling like I had the power of galaxies at my disposal.
A few soldiers saw me and panicked; firing a few power-supression chips at me.

I barely had to form a solid thought for them to vapourise in the air, throwing the soldiers back in the water on the shockwave.

This was too easy, barely even like using my power normally. None of this hurt at all.
I didn't have to force anything to happen, it just gave in against me.
It felt like using a crane to move a sheet of paper.

I wondered how I looked to them; like an angel wreathed in energy? Like a godess descended from wherever, ready to dispense justice?

Kill them.
What? No. No I'm not gonna kill them.
But it was them who facilitated all of this. Allowed Vindicator enough of an advantage to do all of this from the start.

I felt the thought arise in my mind, unwelcome, but building.
I tried to look away, but I couldn't.
I spread a hand and some part of me told them to DIE.

They collapsed, lifeless.
If Tia was dead, then everyone else was going to be to.

What the fuck was that?
I.. hadn't wanted to do that.
But obviously some part of me did...

Now wasn't the time.

I looked up, seeing Vindicator floating opposite me.
Blue lightning crackled around her figure, as she stared right back at me.
The fake sky above us was dark, but it glowed with a fierce thunderstorm.

Something began to fall from above, falling all around me but evapourating into steam around me.
It shone with the distant lighting of Haven's buildings, not quite managing to obscure Vindicator.

"You took everything from me,"I spoke into the darkness, voice slightly louder than usual in the quiet.

I could see how I blazed with light, the reflection filling up the rain.

Vindicator just waited silently.
I wondered if she was scared now.
Or if she could even get scared.
I wanted to see the fear in her eyes, when I ended her.
When I made her pay for all the lives she'd taken.

For Celestia.

With a burst of red energy, I exploded through the air towards her in a scream of rage.
It didn't matter how much armour she had or how well she defended herself. Or even if I died doing so.
I was going to kill her.