I prepare to attend a massacre

(Two weeks later)

"Tiaaaaaaaaaa,"I moaned, looking up at her from my phone,"It's been like two weeks since anything happened; I'm so bored."
I lay draped over the sofa arm, my head in Celestia's lap as she tapped on a floaty blue holographic keyboard.
More floaty screens hovered in the air around her, all with tonnes of writing on them that I could read, and yet not understand a word.

The TV was off and it was boringly quiet, except for Tia's tapping noises.
"Then, I dunno go on wattpad or instagram or something,"She dismissed, still typing

"I already did that though. Like five times,"I replied, reaching a hand up to touch her face,"What are you even programming anyway?"
She caught my hand just as I was about to boop her nose, looking down at me."A virus,"She replied, grinning"To infect syndicate shit with if I ever get the chance."
I smiled back,"Anything specific it does?"
"It basically disables all their weapons, but the tricky bit is making it adaptable."She explained,"Which is why it's taking so long. Anything new on the group chat?"
"Uh- not really I think?"I replied.

Morwenna had made a group chat called "Rebellion," on whatsapp about a week ago, which had literally everyone in the rebellion in it.
I doubted the syndicate could access whatsapp messages anyway and everyone had a phone with whatsapp so it was a pretty flawless plan.
For them anyway.

Morwenna had put me and Tia in out of kindness, even though we weren't officially part of the rebellion, so we'd know when stuff was going to happen, just in case.

Morwenna had tried to keep it depressingly serious, but Reyna kept cracking jokes at her expense so it was pretty funny.

She'd also announced that pride had been rescheduled from july to june 14th- tonight, so we could protest sooner rather than later. Although we still had an entire day to waste and to get ready for the night.
Vindicator had said that whoever goes to pride had better be bulletproof, but I doubted that the syndicate would actually open fire on us, and even if they did they wouldn't kill any of us right?

This got more dangerous the more I thought about it.
"Tia are you really sure about pride?"I questioned,"There's no guarantee that either of us will come out okay."
"It might be dangerous, sure,"Tia countered,"But could they be more dangerous than a group of angry queer rebels?"
"Okay good point."

I opened up the group chat, just watching a cute conversation between Nico and Gideon.
Speaking of Gideon I didn't think I'd actually had a conversation with him yet.

Autumn; "I don't think we've been properly introduced, Gideon."
Nico; "omg soz I forgot Autumn"
Gideon; "Hi Autumn"
Nico; "Gids, this is Autumn, and we've known each other since just before we finished school"
Autumn: "Not longer than Celestia though."
Tia; "dang fuckin right"

I glanced up at her, as she put her phone down, trying to hide a smile

Nico; "Autumn, you know who Gideon is to me right now so I don't think we need to do that full formal thingy right?"
Autumn; "sure"
Autumn: "So, Gideon, how did ya meet Nico"
Gideon; "I accidentally grew a massive hedge around the entrance to his flat so, y'know we were both stuck out there for a while.
Nico; "It was a spiky hedge as well"
Autumn; "wow."
Autumn; "You fell in love over a spiky hedge."
Autumn: "really romantic."
Gideon; "well how did you meet Celestia then?"

Well, that was a private topic.
I mean it was pretty cute, but also a bit scary, but all private.
Nico and Luna knew the general gist of it, but the full details had only ever stayed between me and Celestia.

Nico; "Autumn's been through some pretty bad things in the past, and like discussing them on a group chat might not be the best idea."
Gideon; "Oh that's okay Autumn, you don't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with."
Autumn; "thx"
Autumn; "I'm gonna go sort shit out for pride, see u guys later."
Gideon: "bye Autumn"
Nico:"byeeeee"