Morwenna tries to inspire everyone for 549 words

When I woke up, it felt like something was wrong.
Like the quiet was something we shouldn't have.
It felt like the calm before the storm, as if the air itself was waiting to explode into a thunderstorm.

Tia stroked my shoulder when I opened my eyes, and I looked back, happy she was there. I was laying face-down, on top of her for once

Her luxurious dark skin, every contour of her face. Her thin, dark eyebrows and the way they tapered at the ends. The way her jawline curved, how the soft pink lighting bounced off her skin. Her lovely eyes shining with joy.
Just drinking in every beautiful detail of her.

She broke the silence eventually,"We gonna get up, or just....?"
I sighed,"You can get up if you want, I just wanna lay here for a while."
"You sure?"Tia checked, still laying down,"I can stay here with you if you want?"
"No really, don't worry,"I assured, rolling off her
She sat up and bounced off the bed, shooting back,"I'm just gonna go pick out something to wear, I'll be back in a few seconds."
The door opened and closed soundlessly on her way out.

It didn't feel so scary being alone now.
My own thoughts weren't so venomous that I needed anyone to stave them off any more.
With a spark of hope, I realised I didn't hate myself as much as I did before.

Lena dying was still my fault, and I doubted that their ghost would ever leave my mind.
But being trans? The scars? Those weren't bad things at all.

I picked up my phone, the smile still not fading.
I had a lot of messages and every single one of them from the rebellion chat.
The chat was pretty impressive now, having over a thousand members in it.
I wondered how that would work at being taken into battle.

I opened it up, and the first thing I saw was Valkyrie making an announcement
Valk:"Y'all better say thank you cuz I made Y'alls armour for tomorrow"
Valk:"Come by the lab to put it all over your body."
Valk:"And before you say anything, no it is not an ant man suit, but it is heavily inspired by avengers endgame."

Ant man suit like the one she wore on the airliner? So now everyone would be ant man.
Maybe we could go up Vindicator's butt and unshrink like that obscure theory that never came true.
If they could even shrink. If they couldn't, that would be very disappointing.

That was followed by a massive discussion about whether they could shrink or not, and the answer was no, apparently.
Very disappointing.

Then there was a last announcement from Reyna
Reyna:"Report to the lab for briefing now, the attack's been recheduled for sunset today."

Tia came back in, her belly disappearing under the hem of a jumper that was definitely mine.

"Reyna says we have to go to the lab right now,"I informed her.
Tia groaned,"But I just changed."

*

Haven looked like it was in autumn already, a few trees' leaves already various shades of yellow, golden and red. A few lonely leaves blew in the warm breeze.
Nobody was out on the streets, either on one side of this war and going to an amazing robot scientist's lab for an attack plan or the other side, awaiting their final goal being accomplished. Or some just maybe tried to stay uninvolved, hiding from the carnage until it was all over one way or another.
I understood those people. I really did. I would've been one of them if I'd had the choice. But times were desperate.

Morwenna and Reyna sat at the heads of the table like two married queens, both dressed in the ant-man armour already.
Me and Tia sat on separate chairs this time, although far closer than anyone else around us.

"Autumn, it's a they-them moment now,"Tia told me quietly.
I nodded in understanding

The conference room wasn't full; having only Luna, Nico, Gideon, Valkyrie, Ellie and two other people who looked about the same age as her. They were chatting quietly, a few nervous smiles on their faces. Luna looked grim, and even Gideon and Nico were silent.
What looked like a microphone sat on the table between Morwenna and Reyna.

Ellie had told me briefly about her two other close friends; Mei and Thalia. Mei was nonbinary and used they/them pronouns, their powers being pretty similar to Luna's with light and stuff. Ellie had said that Thalia had an unnatural love for archery, was agender but had no preference for pronouns and could fly similarly to Valkyrie.
Judging by the pretty distinctive blue hair, the one on Ellie's left was Mei. They wore a white t-shirt with a triangley pattern on it, along with a blue galaxy skirt which looked like something I would wear.
And the actual fricking bow and quiver made the other one Thalia. They sat snuggled up in a fuzzy hoodie with bunny ears on the hood bit, along with shorts over tights.

"I greet you as your leader,"Morwenna began, speaking like she was adressing an army. Presumably she was, if that microphone led where I thought it did,"As someone who was elected to lead Haven into a future better than the one we leave behind."
"And I say howdy from her wife,"Reyna smiled,"Who's played enough games to know that strategy is important so listen the fuck up and put your phones away for a second."
"Later today, we will march in our full force upon The Dome, the sole intention being to stop Vindicator from killing the entire population of Haven by any means neccessary,"Morwenna continued,"It's heavily defended on all sides by ground-mounted very large energy cannons, mechs and what looks like the whole of the syndicate's army. Normally this might seem unbeatable. But here, we have one thing the Syndicate doesn't. Something that makes us infinitely more strong than any force that stands with Vindicator could."

Morwenna turned to look at Reyna and she turned too so that they were facing each other. I saw the backs of the suits, and I was proud to have that flag on them. A vibrant rainbow blazed defiantly on there, denying Vindicator's initial ruling entierly.

"That thing is what we fight for,"Morwenna continued, a small smile on her features while she adressed it more to Reyna now than anyone else,"What we live for and defend at all costs. What can put us back together when we're broken."

Tia looked into my eyes, the corners of their mouth turned up slightly. I gazed back adoringly.

"We fight for love,"Morwenna finished, voice quavering a little,"And while we have that, we can not lose."

Reyna tapped the microphone as a cheer erupted out of it, going in to kiss Morwenna, who reprociated eagerly.
It was long, not like it was just for quick satisfaction. It looked deep, desperate. Like both of them needed the reassurance.

After a while Valkyrie coughed pointedly and both of them broke away.
"Now if I could explain the suits..?"Valkyrie asked, Morwenna nodding embarrassedly,"Ok so they're made from plastic."She tapped the table and a life-sized hologram of one popped up, "I know they look like Haven's amazing faux leather, but I engineered a plastic that acts as an abalative shield, just in case anyone gets hit by a laser or whatever. It helps if you get physically hit, but it doesn't protect you entierly, so don't depend on me for that. They are a uniform, pretty much, designed to counter the syndicate, a light to fight the darkness if you will. But it gets the job done."
"Thank you Valkyrie,"Morwenna thanked, swiping something and changing the hologram from the suit to what looked like various styles of mechs,"There will be mechs present, fighting on both sides, so stay out of their way if you can. I will be fighting at the head of the force and we'll be attacking right down the centre of district two. The energy cannons need to be taken out of commission before we can begin so anyone with large destructive capibilities will be flown in to do so first."

She took a deep breath, standing up before looking at all of us sat there.

"Avengers,"She grinned, making a glowing shield which floated just above her left forearm,"Assemble."