Three

Picture// West
Song// When the Party's Over Billie Eillish

"Alpha, thank you for coming so quickly" Tom says as soon as I walk onto the training fields.

A few random wolves who were sparring, bow towards me as I pass them.

"No problem. I'm sorry this keeps happening." I sigh, glancing towards Jude.

He crosses his arms over his chest, leaning back onto the bench. A kid sat next to him with a bloody towel covering his nose and a glare towards my brother.

"I know that today is hard for both of you, but..." Tom trails off, his eyes holding pity for me.

I swallow harshly.

"But?" I question.

"Alpha, I think Jude may have anger issues. Maybe you should speak to the pack doctor?" Tom sighs.

I wasn't blind to my brothers temperament. He was a fourteen year old boy, who has been raised without his parents during some of the most important years of his life.

"Yes, I'll talk with her. This won't be happening again." I nod towards Tom, who presses his thin lips into a small smile.

I snap my fingers towards Jude, who rolls his blue eyes we he inherited from our father.

He lazily stands from the bench, walking towards me with a scowl.

"Apologize, Jude." I narrow my eyes at him.

Jude scoffs, "Apologize for what?"

I almost strangle the kid.

"You know what. Now." I seethe, my own anger rising by the second.

Jude narrows his eyes back at me with a frown.

"Sorry." He says sarcastically towards the kid and Tom, obviously not meaning it.

It would have to do, I had things to do in my office and I didn't want to be standing out here for any longer.

I grab Jude by his shoulder, leading him off the fields silently.

When my parents died, I was only his age. They left me to raise Jude myself, which proved harder than I thought.

I was a child raising a child, and I can't help feeling like I'm the reason he turned out so angry.

Jude shrugs my hand off, his fists clenching at his sides.

"Jude, you need to control your anger. Why don't we get you a punching bag for your room?" I offer, hoping to redirect his aggression to a hanging bag rather than a kids face.

His dark curls blow over his face as he scowls at me, "I don't need a punching bag. He had it coming."

I sigh as we enter the pack house.

"It doesn't matter. You need to set an example for other kids, Jude." I tell him, offering him a pat on his shoulder.

He quickly dodged my touch, glaring at me through his once innocent eyes.

Jude has had to see a lot of death in his short life; we both have. I know it was my job to protect him from that, and I didn't.

"Jude can we at least talk about this?" I all but plead with the fourteen year old.

He slaps my hands away again, a furious look on his face.

"No we can't. You're not mom so stop trying to act like her!" He screams at me, stomping down the corridor and leaving me in the dust.