Eight

Picture// West
Song// Dirty Laundry blackbear

I clench my jaw as I step onto the border of the southern pack- The Fangs.

They were disgraceful wolves who felt as if it was their job to make laws for the surrounding packs.

When my mother first joined Black Wolf, they tried everything to get the werewolf council to exile her from the werewolf community.

The Fangs do not think humans are good enough to mate with wolves.

I know they are responsible for my mother's death, I feel it in my gut. She died of poisoning that stopped her heart, something that wasn't added to her tea by mistake.

Not wanting to start an all out war at fourteen, I remained silent about my intuition.

"Alpha Black, how can I be of service?" A man, who talked like a Beta, steps forward towards Kody and I.

I ball my hands in fists in order to remain calm. West's scent stopped here, meaning he was captured by The Fangs. It made me nervous. Humans don't last very long in The Fangs pack.

"I am inquiring about a human inmate that escaped from Black Wolf a few hours ago." I stand taller, knowing none of these men respected me because I was a woman.

Along with their hatred of humans, The Fangs also believed that women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

My father thought differently, he gave positions to women because he knew they were just as capable.

I'm a female Alpha with a human mate. Their greatest enemy of all time.

But, they don't need to know about the mate part.

The Beta smirks in front of me, his eyes trailing over my body and leaving behind a slimy feeling on my skin.

"We just need our prisoner and we will be on our way." Kody pipes up, his jaw clenched tightly.

The Beta mind links his Alpha, I suppose. "Okay. Follow me." He says.

Kody and I share a glance, before following after the tall man and his warriors.

I don't like this guys vibe. Kody says through our link.

I keep my face neutral to not let on the fact that I was thinking the same thing.

Let's just get West, no mention of him being my mate. I mumble back, stepping over a fallen limb.

Of course not. That would get us all killed. Kody snorts, making me kinda wish I had brought more backup.

I would've brought Tom and the  warriors, but I was supposed to be an Alpha just retrieving her prisoner- that didn't require warriors. I just wanted to lay low and fly below the Alphas radar.

We have Tom and some warriors patrolling the borders. If we need them, they will be here in a second. I remind Kody, who lets out a relieved sigh.

The Fangs weren't more powerful that us, they were just more brutal. They operated on a 'no mercy' code of conduct.

A large house comes into view, making my heart beat quicken as West's caramel scent wafts through my nose.

"Alpha and the human are in his office to the left." The Beta smirks at me, looking down my shirt as I pass by him with a scowl.

Kody and I walk into the Alpha's office, my eyes landing on my mate the second I walk in.