Twenty Four

Picture// Rylie
Song// Bad Guy Billie Eillish

I pace around my familiar cell, my heart filled with nerves.

I wasn't afraid to die, I would gladly take a bullet for someone I love any day.

Maybe I was more nervous about leaving my pack behind. There was no doubt in my mind that my pack was strong, but I didn't want to risk any more lives because of mine.

I just pray that Alex gets through this and becomes the Alpha I know he is.

His heart is so genuine and caring- this world could use more Alphas like that.

He also has Tom and Kody to help him through it, but the thought of him crumbling under this pressure makes my heart clench painfully.

Drowning in my pity, I collapse to the dirt floor, staring at my hands in my lap.

My eye had slowly started to heal and I could finally open it to look around. I hadn't looked in a mirror, but I was sure I looked like a mess.

I guess it didn't really matter anymore.

Tomorrow would be my last day on earth, and everyone I love and care about will be there to see it happen.

I bit my lip, thinking about my little brother. He had seen so much death and gore his entire life- I didn't want him to see this too.

My head lifts at the sound of the prison doors opening.

"Well, it seems I have underestimated you, Martinez." A cold voice sounds through the cells.

I furrow my brows, moving closer towards the front of my cell to listen.

"I told you I would capture her." Martinez chuckles.

"Yes, but you made the mistake of leaving her mate alive." The voice growls lowly, moving closer towards me.

I feel a tug at my heart at the mention of my mate. I wonder what he is doing right now.

Hopefully flying under the radar and keeping himself out of harms way.

But, knowing him he is doing neither of those things.

"Please, once she's dead the mate bond will take care of him, itself." Martinez's voice echoes through the vacant hallways.

I clench my jaw, hoping he was wrong. Alex was stronger than that.

I suppose I had also thought my father was strong.

"Look at her parents, we killed the mother and the father followed the next day!" Martinez tries to convince the second man.

My body freezes at the confession, my blood turning cold as a shiver runs down my back.

"A little bit of cyanid goes a long way." The other voice chuckles darkly, making me grip the cell bars tightly.

They killed my mother...and in turn my father. Martinez and this man took their lives without remorse, and they are planning to do it again to Alex and I.

I take in a deep breath, closing my eyes tightly as tears threaten to fall.

"I see you have been eavesdropping, Black." The familiar face of Alpha Woods of the Fangs comes into view.

I lift my head, meeting his cold gaze straight on.

If I had my wolf, his face would've been torn off.

"Perhaps you shouldn't talk so loud, in the future." I seethe, staring into their cold, dead eyes.

I should have known they were working together. My pack was almost completely surrounded by their packs. By overtaking Black Wolf, they would both benefit.

The Fangs and Blood Moon territory would grow, and in the werewolf world- land means power.

"Maybe I wanted you to hear, did you ever think of that?" Woods tilted his head at me, a smirk playing on his lips.

I glare at him, "Hear what exactly? That you are both power-hungry, murders?"

Martinez and Woods chuckle together darkly.

"You may see a murderer, but I see a visionary for a world completely governed by werewolves." Martinez shrugs.

I rolled my eyes at the imbecile.

"So you think that you two morons will be able to carry out a human genocide?" I almost laughed.

Woods narrows his eyes at me, walking closer to my cell.

"I'm a moron? Take a look at what side of this cell you're on, Black." He spits out, his eyes flickering to a darker black.

I clenched my jaw, knowing he was right.

"It's a pity you have to die, I think by the end of this war you would be worshipping us as your heroes." Martinez ticks, smirking at me.

"You killed my mother, you're not heroes- just cowards." I argue back, feeling disgusted by them.

Woods rolls his eyes, Martinez clenching his jaw tightly.

"We will see who the coward is tomorrow, when I put a bullet through that pretty head of yours." Woods snorts, crossing his arms over his chest.

I blink at him, not showing an ounce of fear.

"If only you had just taken my marriage proposal." He sighs lowly.

I laugh, "I would rather die than marry you, Woods."

He raises his brows with a smirk.

"Wish granted." He nods.

Martinez smirks too, "Someone will collect you tomorrow at noon. Sleep tight, Alpha."

I clench my jaw at his mocking tone.

My glare burns into their backs as they walk away from my cell and harshly shut the large metal doors behind them.

This was it.

No more hoping or praying could turn this situation around.

I would die tomorrow and I couldn't do anything to stop it.