Eleven

Picture// Riley Black
Song// Cigarette Day Dreams Cage the Elephant

I woke up in a warm embrace. For once, my dreams weren't filled with bloody bodies or my fathers cold, dead eyes.

Instead, I dreamt of Alex and I at the swimming hole. I felt all the happiness and peacefulness I felt on that day.

My eyes flutter open to a pink and orange sunrise. It didn't take long for me to figure out that we had fallen asleep outside among the pine trees.

It also didn't take me long to notice that Alex's arms were wound around me, as I laid on my side- face buried in his warm chest.

He slept peacefully, a small smile on his face, even in sleep. I don't think I've ever met someone that smiles as much as Alex does.

My wolf purrs as his fingers brushed over an exposed piece of skin on my back where my shirt had ridden up.

Birds chirped happily around me, a slight breeze making me cuddle closer to my mate.

Last night was the best sleep I had gotten in years. I feel like I have so much energy and drive to actually get through my day.

Sparks hits my hand, as Alex winds his fingers through mine in his sleep. My heart beats loudly as his actions, a small smile of my own settling on my face.

I could die right here and be a happy wolf.

"You're awake." His gravely voice says, making my wolf purr again at his morning voice.

His eyes remain close, as he uses his hand to rub up and down my back soothingly.

His touch leaves sparks up and down my body, making me feel like I was on fire.

But in a good way.

"Yeah, I didn't mean to fall asleep." I chuckle lightly, my own voice feeling raspy.

"I could tell you were exhausted, so I didn't wake you." He says, his eyes fluttering open to reveal caramel eyes that sparkle in the morning sun.

I smile, nodding my head. I was overly exhausted.

He moves his hand under my hoodie, placing his bare palm against my bare back. I gasp as the electricity courses through my body.

"You know I was talking to Kody." He starts, an intense look in his eyes.

"About what?" I say shakily, as he draws patterns on my bare back.

"Mates, mainly." He mumbles, not taking his eyes off of mine.

I swallow nervously.

"We're mates aren't we." Alex states more than questions.

The air is sucked from my lungs. I knew this day would come, but I didn't plan on it being today.

I meet his gaze, nodding slowly.

His brown eyes seem to widen, the edges of his lips rising up only slightly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He questions.

"Alex, you don't understand what accepting you as my mate could do." I shake my head.