Twenty Seven

Picture// Alex
Song// Astronaut's Lullabye Hozier

My heavy eyes and aching head are the first things I feel.

Roars and cheers sound from all around me, drowning me in noise.

I swallow harshly, a thick sour taste in my mouth as I do so.

Where am I? I ask to no one in particular.

My wolf perks her head up, but is too weak to comment.

"Wolves of Blood Moon, Fangs- and Black Wolf, Thank you all for coming!" Alpha Woods' voice surrounds me, making my want to pound my head against the ground.

I feel a light feeling in my head, as I open my eyes ever so slightly. Blinding rays from the August sun bleed into my eyes.

"I don't want to waste too much time on this pathetic excuse for an Alpha, so let's get this started!" He shouts again, making the sea of screams erupt even louder.

I gulp, everything hitting me at once. Woods put me out last night after Martinez came into my cell and I- killed him.

Now, today is the day I die.

I left my head up, urging myself to become accustomed with my surroundings.

The first thing I see is crowds of people, all dressed like they were going to a five star restaurant.

Some of their gazes were on Woods, as he stood on a raised platform next to his Beta and a large man who I assume was his delta.

Others had their eyes pinned on me, which made me squirm.

I blink, looking down towards my body, which was on full display.

The only clothing I had was a pair of cotton underwear. I try to cover my chest, but I'm met with resistance as my hands are tied to a post in front of me.

"Looks like she's awake!" Woods screams in joy, making me cringe, as his piercing blue eyes mock me from a few feet away.

I pull on the restraints, urging my wolf to take over. She's there, I can feel her, but she feels far too weak to even move a paw.

"Now, sweetheart- stop struggling or you might hurt that pretty little body of yours." Woods chuckles, his beta's greedy eyes taking in my entire upper body.

Men wolf-whistle around me, making me cower into myself.

"Now before we move on, the rumors are true- I am the new Alpha of Blood Moon..." Woods trails off in a blur.

My eyes search the sea of people that seemed to go on for miles in this large wooded clearing.

I look everywhere for him, but every face I settle on has a mocking grin and excited eyes.

My heart rate increases the longer I'm searching.

Then my eyes meet Mrs. Barkley's sad ones. She stands with my pack, off to the right. Their eyes hold sadness and fear for their Alpha.

I gulp, knowing that I have let them down. I didn't have any other option.

Martinez would've killed Jude, Kody, and Alex. I wouldn't have been a very good Alpha either way.

Mrs. Barkley has tears streaming down her wrinkled face, as do most of my pack members. She gives me a small smile, trying to calm me down- but doing the opposite in the process.

Her eyes dart to behind me, making me whip my head around to see him.

He stands in a white dress shirt rolled to the elbow, his hair tousled and his lips parted as he meets my gaze.