Fourteen

Picture// Alex and Riley
Song// Location Khalid

Rays of sunlight shine into my eyes, making me flinch and let out a groan. I hear a chuckle from right next to me, making me open my eyes to meet soft caramel ones.

Alex stares at me with a small smile placed on his plump lips, his left arm securing me to his warm side.

"Morning." I mumble, stretching my back with a pop.

The hard forest ground was not an ideal place to sleep, but somehow I still managed to get better sleep than in my own bed.

Something told me it had to do with the man sleeping next to me.

"Mornin'." Alex says lazily, rubbing his eyes with his right hand.

His other hand was still wrapped in a bright green cast.

I look up at him, studying his features as if they were a painting in a museum.

"Good morning, Kody." A sarcastic voice piped up from across, the now extinguished, fire.

"Oh, good morning- thanks for making sure I didn't die in my sleep." He responds to himself, making Alex chuckle lowly.

I rolled my eyes, picking up a rock by my side and chucking it blindly over the ash.

When I hear a small 'ouch', I knew it hit my target.

Alex's chest vibrates with a laugh, as Kody sticks his middle finger in the air.

"We should get moving, I want to get in and out of the Blood Moon's pack as quickly as possible." I grunt, standing up from my comfortable sleeping position.

Alex sits up, dusting dirt off of his jeans.

"Yeah, these guys are slimy." Kody sighs, stretching his arms over his head.

"We just have to fly under the radar, discuss our annual boarder protocols and then we're golden." I shrug, throwing my black bag over my shoulder.

Alex chews his lip, nodding along to what I was saying. I could
tell that he was nervous, however.

After our little issue with Alpha Woods, he was obviously going to be a little gun-shy.

I place my hand on his arm, feeling the smooth muscle underneath.

"It's going to be okay." I whisper to him, making his tense shoulders relax slightly.

His caramel eyes look deeply into mine, trusting me words.

"Let's go, love-birds." Kody throws me the keys to the four wheelers, making Alex and I break our gaze from each other.

As Alex and Kody saddle up on the massive contraptions, I gulp reaching into my black bag.

When my hands touch metal, I pull the object out of the bag with a grimace.

Alex's head tilts, as Kody smirks.

"Kinky." Kody snorts, making me narrow my eyes at him.

"Not a kink, a precaution." I roll my eyes, the handcuffs dangling from my fingertips.

I walk closer to Alex with a frown, "If you're going to be our prisoner, you have to play the part."

He clenches his jaw, nodding.

"Okay." He says, holding out his wrists in front of him.

I sigh, clasping the metal cuffs around his wrists-making sure they weren't too tight.

"Let's get this over with." I grumble, swinging my leg over the front of the four wheeler.

I feel Alex scoot his chest closer to my back, offering me both warmth and comfort.

Relaxing back into his hard chest, I nod at Kody who takes off in front of me with a roar of his engine.

After a few hours of freezing cold wind blowing directly into my face, we finally reached the border of the Blood Moon.

Two large men steps in front of our four wheelers as we approached the line.

Their faces held suspicion, towering over me as I stepped off of the four wheeler.

"Alpha Black, here to see Alpha Martinez." I stated towards the men, who looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Anyone home?" I question, raising a brow at the two idiots.

They continued to stare at me blankly, not moving a muscle.

Becoming annoyed, I crossed my arms with a huff.

"Fine, I guess we will show ourselves the way." I rolled my eyes, snapping at Kody and Alex who sat on the four wheelers with questioning looks.

Kody helped Alex get down, holding his shackled arms like a normal prisoner would be transported.

I hated seeing my mate with handcuffs on, it felt wrong.

But I would also like to get him out of this place in one piece.

So I began walking towards the large pack house in the distance, when an arm shoots out and stops me.

I glare up at the tall man on the left, who had a hard look on his face.

Taking his arm, I twist it behind his back making him wince in pain.

With my boot, I press his shoulder down towards the ground.

My chest rose quickly, my wolf wanting this man's blood for touching me.

His partners eyes widened at me, making me smile darkly.

"Now I have you attention. Take. Me. To. Alpha. Martinez." I growl lowly, letting my Alpha side appear.

His head bows immediately, making me press on the man's shoulder one last time before releasing him.

He grunts into the ground as I step over him with Kody and Alex following closely behind me.

I don't miss the smirk Alex sent me secretly, which made me hold my head even higher as the other guard led us through a clearing towards the pack house.