Nineteen

Picture// Rylie and Alex
Song// Sweet Creature Harry Styles

I wake with a start, my entire body covered in the warm scent of my mate.

Groaning loudly, I flip onto my back painfully.

"Riley, thank god you're awake." Kodys voice echoes from behind me.

I blink my eyes open, but only my right one becomes clear enough to see through.

My left eyes refuses to open, the trauma too much for it to heal without my wolf.

The first thing I see is a black wolf, cuddling my sore body into his.

I gasp, sitting upright with a groan. The wolf growls lowly at me for moving too fast.

"Alex?" I question, scrunching my eyebrows together tightly.

I had so many questions my head was spinning.

How was Alex a wolf? Why did I not know he was a wolf? We're his parents wolves? How did he contact his wolf within the cells?

Reaching my hands up, I run my temples slowly. Alex nuzzles his head in my lap, glancing at me under thick lashes.

"Kody, how is this possible." I mumble, not looking at my best friend but at my mates beautiful coat.

"I'm just as confused as you." He says simply, offering no explanation.

I try to swallow my surprise and look on the bright side. Now, my mate was a full wolf and could protect himself better.

The cell door opens, making me stiffen.

Instead of Alpha Martinez, a skinny boy around my age walks in with a handful of clothes and a worried expression.

"Casper." Kody sighs, moving towards the boy in relief.

How did Kody know this boy?

"I retrieved some clothes, and a spare key from one of the guards." He says, blue eyes washing over me.

"Oh, I'm glad you're awake- Alpha." He smiles lightly.

"Thanks." I say slowly, confused about this entire situation.

The boy slides the spare clothes through the small gap until the cells, to which my mate stands up and moves towards them.

I frown as cool air hits my legs.

Alex turns around with the clothes in his mouth, looking at me in questioning.

It takes me a moment to realize he has no clue how to turn back into a human.

"Imagine your human body, your hair, eyes, feet- just focus on that and it will come back." I inform him, prodding a large cut on my cheek with a wince.

Alex growls at me to stop poking at my injuries.

Placing my hands in my lap, I try to focus on my breathing rather than the pain.

As Alex turns back into himself, I look down out of respect for him.

I see his tan skin out of the corner of my eye, and I blush darkly.

"I didn't know I could do that." He says with a chuckle, standing in a pair of jeans.

He still looked like a model, however. Even now, in a dimly lit dungeon with borrowed clothing.

"Me either." I shrug, not understanding it myself.

Alex immediately scoops me up, holding me to his bare chest. I ignore the pain from my body and focus on my mates warmth and comfort.