Tweleve

Picture// Mountains Of Blood Moon
Song// i love you Billie Eillish

Maybe I was just destined to be alone.

My parents are gone, my brother doesn't want to speak to me, being with my mate could very well mean death.

Perhaps the Moon Goddess likes to see me suffer in my own personal solitude.

It makes me wonder what the fuck did I do to her?

I sigh, shoving an extra shirt into my black bag. This morning I was reminded about a meeting with the pack to the North- Blood Moon.

It had completely slipped my mind since Alex has been in Black Wolf.

The journey to Blood Moon is about a two day hike through the mountains. They were a very exclusive pack, no roads leading in or out.

I suppose a few days in the mountains wouldn't be such a bad idea, it would definitely give me time to think.

I clutch my head, the pounding pain radiating through my skull. It was separation sickness from Alex. New mates can become ill if they are not in the company of one another.

It was the Moon Goddesses way of telling the mates to continue the mating process, which is the only way to completely cure the sickness.

The next few days would be hard- being away from my mate.

"Ready?" Kody quirks a brow, walking into my room with a bag slung over his shoulder.

I shrug, zipping up the black duffel bag with more force than needed.

"You're gonna break the zipper." Kody chuckles, making me glare at him.

"I don't care." I grumbled, slipping the bag over my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" He questions, as I slip my phone in my back pocket.

"I'm fine. Let's just get this over with." I sigh, sliding passed him into the hallway.

"I'm your best friend, Riles. I know when you're off. Is it that human?" He presses, jogging up to meet my pace.

I stomp down the hallway, angry at the world.

"No, just leave it." I growl out, definitely not in the mood to speak about my mate.

Kody puts his hands up in surrender, but I could tell his questioning was only delayed for another time.

"So would now be a bad time to tell you that I invited the human to go to Blood Moon." Kody winces, as I turn and glare at him.

"Why would you do that?" I seethe.

He shrugs, "I figured you would want him there. You know with separation sickness and all."

My wolf side thanked our Beta for doing what we really wanted to do, but too afraid to ask Alex.

My human side wanted to rip his face off.

Truth is, after our conversation this morning, I was nervous to see Alex again.

I was a complete bitch to him for no reason and it was embarrassing.

"Don't kill me?" Kody squeals out, as I breathe heavily.

"It's fine." I try to calm myself.

Kody smiles sheepishly at me, as we make our way down the corridor.

"What will we say when the Alpha questions the humans presence?" I ask, furrowing my brows at my beta.

He shrugs, "We brought him so he could carry our belongings."

I roll my eyes with a snort, knowing Alex will hate that plan.

As we walk into the main living room of the pack house, my mate stands in all black with a small knapsack over his shoulder.

He looks devilishly handsome; with tossed hair and pink lips.

I raise my eyes to his, still guilty from this morning. Deep down I knew he wasn't as upset with me as this morning, but I still felt terrible.

His caramel eyes twinkle at me, as he sends a small smile as a way of saying 'we're good'.

My own lips split in half, a sigh of relief falling over my body.

Kody stands awkwardly as Alex and I speak to each other without saying a word.

"So...shall we head out?" Kody lifts a brow.

Alex furrows his brows at my beta.

"Aren't we taking other warriors?" He asks, noticing how small our group was.

I shake my head, "It's a diplomatic meeting. Bloodmoon has been an ally for years."

Kody adds, "Taking warriors with us to an otherwise benign meeting, would be an act of war."

Alex sighs, taking in the information.

"Okay, lets go then." He shrugs.

"Wait." I stop him in his tracks.

He turns with a questioning look, his eyes sliding over my body with a smirk.

I blush lightly, "You need a jacket. It's super cold."

He snorts, "I'll be okay, Black."

"Human, take a jacket she's not kidding." Kody laughs lightly.

Alex rolls his eyes, "Guys, I'm from Washington, I love the cold."

Famous last words.

Kody and I share a look as we head out of the pack house behind Alex.

Tom sends us a small smile, standing in front of two four-wheelers.

His crows feet narrow as he grins at me, patting my shoulder.

I hadn't seen him since his daughter a few nights ago. It was awkward, but it looked like he was trying to move forward, so I didn't mention it.

"You kids be safe, get your jobs done and then get back here." He states, his fatherly eyes looking into mine.

I nod, "Take care of the pack, and watch Jude for me. We should be back in three to four days."

I glance at Kody and Alex, who both look towards me for instruction.

"Let's go." I smirk.

Kody and I each straddle our respective four-wheelers. Blood Moon is a very reclusive pack, choosing to live by more primal rules than Black Wolf.

They lived so deep in the mountains, that it took two days and four-wheelers to get there.

Alex stands awkwardly, looking between Kody and I.

"Come on big boy, choose which wolf you wanna hug onto for the next eight hours." Kody winks at him playfully, making Tom snicker and Alex roll his eyes.

I shake my head with a smile, as Alex flips Kody off and walks towards mine.

Of course he will choose ours. My wolf laughs.

Alex hops onto the four-wheeler, his warm front pressed flush against my back.

I stammer for a second, before letting out a breath of air as his hands wrap around my torso.

Kody nods at me, flipping his goggles over his face. I do the same, offering Alex a spare pair.

Then we're off, into the dense snowy mountains.