Eighteen

Picture// Casper
Song// Stay With Me Sam Smith
West's POV

I stared down at the little wolf who had completely changed my life in just a few short weeks.

Her long lashes skimmed her cut cheeks, but she still looked so peaceful.

When I first met her, I wasn't sure we would get along very well.

I knew I felt something for her immediately, but she was more stiff and rigid than I was.

I couldn't explain the way I fell for her so fast- I still can't. It felt so inhuman, yet so natural.

When I was informed about mates, it all made sense. The want to be around her all the time, her intoxicating scent- not to mention the need to protect her.

My entire life I was in the dark about werewolves. They were simply a fairytale.

When I was captured outside of Black Wolf, I almost shit myself when the large wolves turned to naked men.

Maybe I did actually shit myself.

After living my entire life by myself, maybe I liked the idea of having who was destined to unconditionally love me.

I knew I loved her. It was a strong emotion that I had never felt with any other girl.

I think I fell in love the second I met her, only realizing it when I asked her out for cheap Chinese food.

When Rylie was brought back to the cells, I had felt a rage I had never felt in my entire life.

Her eyes were swollen shut, cuts and angry bruises littering her face and upper body.

Her body was limp, yet she still clawed for me. The worst part was that I couldn't help her even though the only thing separating us was thin metal bars.

She went through that because of me- because we're mates and that's a big no-no in the werewolf community.

I was partially heartbroken and partially ready to tear off the Alphas face when I saw her like that.

She was the strongest person I knew, and she crumbled right before my eyes.

Then the most painful transformation took over my body, it felt like I was on fire.

Next, I was taken over by an overpowering need to rip through the cell bars and console my mate.

I didn't even notice my tail and pointy ears until she had fallen asleep in my arms.

Mate is pretty My wolf says to me.

I jump a little at the new conscious in my brain.

Kody had a very confused look on his face the entire tome, staring at us with an open jaw and wide eyes.

I suppose he can't call me human anymore.

Looking up at the blonde Beta, I raised a brow, making him advert his eyes to the ground.

It had been an hour since Riley was thrown back in the cells, and Kody and I had yet to speak an audible word.

Suddenly the cells door opens, a skinny boy walking through with a nervous expression and a handful of bread.

I growled at him lowly, curling my mate tighter into my body.

His blue eyes widen at me, gasping at the cell wall that was torn down behind me.

Then I hear something I never thought I'd hear.

"Mate." Kody whispers, the boys blue eyes falling onto him in awe.

I looked between the two males, surprise and a little bit of happiness in my heart.

I had grown to like Kody, he taught me a lot since being at Black Wolf and I was estactic he finally has a mate.

"W-what happened?" The boys small voice trembles out.

I felt bad for the kid, he was probably only around seventeen or eighteen. Despite being my age, he was scrawny and looked weaker than the average wolf.

"He got mad?" Kody says not sounding too sure.

The boy nods slowly.

I was hoping he could help us out of here. I mean, Riley's pack has to have notice we've gone missing. Maybe if he helps us get back, we can haul ass to Black Wolf and meet them halfway.

We sure needed some backup right now.

"H-how did he shift? These walls are c-coated in wolfsbane." The boy furrows his brows, looking over the mess of metal.

Kody glances at me, a bit of fear and pride in his eyes.

What a weird combination.

"I'm just as surprised." Kody mumbles.

I watch as Kody stands to his full height, which was about a foot taller than his tiny mate.

His mates blue eyes glance up at his mate shyly.

"Can you help us? Please." Kody begs him, holding onto the bars.

The boy looks over Riley, making me stiffen slightly. His eyes widen at her injuries.

"Oh my, of course- but I don't know how." He stumbles over himself, his fists going white as he clutches two pieces of bread.

"First, he's going to need clothes." Kody says, pointing at me over his shoulder.

The boy nods.

"Then, we need the key." He instructs.

The boy bites his lip, thinking over it.

"Alpha Martinez is a mean man, if he finds out I've helped you- he will whip me until I'm just bones." He says, shaking slightly at the thought.

Kody clenches his jaw, reaching through the bars to hold his little mates hand.

"He won't touch you, I promise. You're coming back to Black Wolf with me." Kody states strongly.

The boy gulps, nodding at his mate.

"I'm Kody by the way, they are my Alphas and friends, West and Riley." Kody introduces us.

A sense of pride fills my chest at Kodys mention of my new title.

I nod my wolf head at his mate.

"I'm Casper." He mumbles, and Kodys lips spread into a giant smile at his name.

I know how he feels, when I learned Riley's real name all I wanted to do was repeat it over and over again.

"So Casper, you'll help us?" He questions.

Casper's blue eyes land on Riley, and he nods.

"Yes."

My wolf- wow that's weird to say- howls in joy at the thought of freedom.