Seventeen

Picture// Alpha Riley Black
Song// Take Me To Church Hozier

Alpha Martinez ushers me into a dimly lit room, only a single chair in the middle.

The room smelled putrid and moldy, like it hadn't been used in ages.

A table with tortuous looking materials sits in the corner, making my heart race.

"Sit." He growls out, forcing me into the uncomfortable wooden chair.

Silver burns through my skin as he places shackles around my feet and wrists.

"Now, let's see if we can be a little more honest with each other." He mumbles to himself, smiling as I twist my wrist and ankles in awkward positions as the silver tears through my flesh.

I clench my jaw, not letting my tears flow out no matter how much pain I was in.

"I already told you- I don't have a mate." I state, wincing a bit towards the end of the sentence.

Martinez lifts a brow, "I would advise you to be a little more transparent, Alpha."

I didn't know how Martinez knew, without a single doubt, that Alex was my mate.

Perhaps he had intel from a mole in Black Wolf- or he had been in contact with Alpha Brooks.

However he knew, I had to play his games in order to get Kody and Alex out of here alive.

"Let's say he is. Why do you care so much? It doesn't affect you in the slightest." I huff, scanning his face with my eyes.

"It does affect me, and every other werewolf." He states, walking towards the table of toys.

"Humans are a self-destructing race that deserve to rot in hell." He growls out.

I roll my eyes at his bigotry.

"So drugging, imprisoning and torturing another wolf is not also self-destructing?" I snort, my wrists and ankles going numb at the hot pain of the silver.

He chuckles, "A means to an end."

"You see, every time a wolf mates with a human, they taint the bloodline." He picks up a silver whip.

I inhale deeply, preparing myself for a world of hurt.

"A hundred years from now every wolf will have human blood inside them- and that is something no wolf should want to happen." He shakes his head, walking towards me with an evil glint in his eyes.

Wolves like him are the reason why the human world and werewolf world will never get along.

"So what happens now? You're gonna kill me." I barely raise a brow.

Martinez laughs, shaking his head.

"No, I'm going to make you wish you were dead, however." He says, raising the silver whip and striking me across the face.

I shut my eyes tightly at the silver burns my skin, leaving behind a bruise and welts.

I barely feel the pain of the hit until a few seconds after.

"I am going to beat you senseless, and then kill your mate in front of your eyes. That will send a message to any other wolf who dare mate with a human." He growls out, leaning down to stare me directly in the eyes.

My cheek throbs painfully, but that doesn't keep me from spitting right in his face. 

I inwardly grin as it drops down his chin.

His eyes turn to fury, as he raises the whip and lets it rain down on me for the next hour.

I blacked out around the hundredth whip, my body not being able to sustain the pain anymore.

"You're lucky I have other matters to attend to, Alpha Black." Martinez's voice sounds a million miles away as he tosses the whip back onto the table.

It felt like my entire face and chest was on fire, my head lolling as I'm pulled from the chair and dragged back towards the cells.

My eyes barely open, only seeing slivers of the cells and the dirty ground below me.

As I'm dropped to the ground of my cell, I let out a wince rolling onto my side.

"Riley!" My mates voice screams in horror from next to me.

"You fuckers." Kody spits at the man who dragged me in here.

I hear the prison door shut tightly, but my eyes remained closed.

"Riley, wake up, please!" Alex's frantic voice cuts through my pain, making me reach a weak hand towards his voice.

"Jesus." Kody mumbles under he breath.

"Alex." I grunt out, my throat feeling sore as I scramble for my mate.

I hear his heavy breathing closer to me. "It's okay, Riles."

It's not okay. I feel like my entire body had been put through a meat grinder and left for the vultures.

"Dude, you need to breathe." Kody says to Alex, an edge to his voice.

I hear my mates breathing increase, his heartbeat going too fast for a human body.

"Alex." I spit out.

Tears stream down my face at my shear terror. I couldn't see anything but I could feel my mates stress levels going through the roof.

"West-" Kody starts, his voice having a hint of fear.

A wave of hot pain runs down my body, making me let out a sob. If my wolf was here, I would already be healed.

"Alex, it hurts." I cry out, my body racking with cries.

"Riley-" A giant roar takes the place of my mates sweet voice, making me furrow my brows tightly.

A crash of metal sounds through the room, and I flinch thinking it was Alpha Martinez back to get me.

"Alex?" I question.

Silence.

"Uh, Riley?" Kody says quietly.

I grab every once of willpower I have, opening my eyes to see two all black paws in front of me.

Wincing, I try to set myself up, but try miserably.

The wolf growls lowly, a warning- as if saying 'be still'.

I then notice the distinct smell of my mate coming from the wolf.

"Alex?" I question, as the wolf curls me up into his chest.

The pain from my body is swallowed up by his touch.

'Go to sleep, I got you' The wolf- Alex's voice rings through my head.

I don't question him, shutting my pained eyes and falling into a deep slumber.