Fifteen

Picture// Alpha Martinez
Song// Call Out My Name The  Weeknd

I sit at a dinner table, Kody sitting on my left and Alex standing to my right.

The tall guard had led us here, not saying a word as he turned and left.

I found it strange that nobody had talked to us yet. But maybe that's how Alpha Martinez ran his pack.

I wouldn't know, seeing as how Alpha Martinez usually came to Black Wolf for our annual meetings.

'This feels weird.' Kody says over our link, his leg bouncing up and down.

I nodded silently, agreeing that there was definitely an odd feeling in the air that left my wolf pacing nervously.

Let's just act normally, and get the hell out of here as quickly as possible I sigh, glancing at Alex, who was already staring me down.

His hands were shackled in front of him, an intense look in his eyes.

Maybe he felt the same way. Surely humans could tell if something was off in a situation.

"Alpha Black, sorry to keep you waiting." Alpha Martinez says, walking into the large dining room with a broad smile and an Omega trailing behind him.

I stand, shaking his hand over the table before taking my seat again.

Alpha Martinez was a tall man, with a shaved head and raven-like eyes that pierced through your soul.

"Thanks for having us." I nod towards him as he takes a seat across from me.

"Beta." Martinez nods towards Kody, who offers a stiff one back.

"Tea." Martinez growls out, snapping his finger at his small Omega next to him.

Her eyes widen, a small squeak escaping her lips. I have to hold back an eye-roll at her.

"Please have a drink, you all must be exhausted." Martinez smiles as the Omega places glasses of iced tea in front of us.

Kody and I share a look, before we both take a glass in our hands and take a few sips.

We had to remember to act normal, and turning down food or drink at an otherwise innocent meeting was a disrespectful act.

So Kody and I downed the tea in just a few gulps.

As Martinez's raven eyes crawl over us, they land on my mate.

"Who is this." He quirks a brow with a sinister smile.

I feel my wolf growl lowly in my head, but I simply clear my throat to get her to stop.

"A human we captured on Black Wolf territory." I say simply, not letting too many details slide.

Martinez tilts his head, his Omega's eyes trialing over my mate with a shy smile.

I try to ignore the feeling to gouge out her eyes, instead I focus on keeping my heartbeat steady and calm.

"So you just casually brought your prisoner here?" Martinez inspect me, placing a cigar in his mouth as his Omega lights it for him.

Her pale blue eyes immediately go back towards Alex, a red blush taking over her freckles cheeks.

I shrug, "He's a good 'bag boy'."

Martinez raises a brow, before letting out a throaty laugh. Kody glances at me from the corner of his eye.

I let out a forced chuckle, placing my hands under the table so he couldn't see them tighten.

I hated speaking about my mate this way. It wasn't right, he deserved to be sitting next to me- discussing pack matters.

We were supposed to be a team; but right now, I just felt like a terrible mate.

We have to protect mate My wolf consoles me, shaking her furry head.

"I have to say: you're nothing like your father." Martinez says, leaning back in the chair while taking a puff from his cigar.

I swallowed harshly, taking it as an insult.

My father was an amazing Alpha and an even better dad to Jude and I.

"Oh, is that so?" I play along, biting my tongue.

He nods, "You're much more realistic. Humans deserve to suffer after the years of torture and deforestation they have put our kind through."

"But your father; he thought humans could coexist with wolves- it just isn't natural." He shrugs, obviously talking about my mother.

I clench my jaw, "She was my mother, Alpha Martinez."

He chuckles, "Yes, I know. I'm just happy you inherited your father's wolf gene at least."

"She was strong, wolf or not; she protected my brother and I." I say through tight teeth, my blood boiling.

Alpha Martinez quirks a brow at my demeanor- obviously knowing he struck a chord.

Kody glances at me, his brows furrowed as he lightly shakes his head at me.

"Maybe she was strong in human terms- but look where that got her." He stares into my eyes, his black ones clashing with mine.

I visibly shake, even feeling Alex move closer to me didn't calm me down.

Alpha Martinez's evil eyes mock me from across the table.

"Wolves have no room for humans. Mate or not- they are poison for our kind." He states.

I seethe at his word choice, my wolf begging me to change now.

His beady eyes move towards Alex.

"This human will be your poison, Alpha Black." He grins, making me furrow my eyes.

Suddenly, my head feels light. Martinez's head become three, making me squint my eyes harshly to clear my vision.

But my vision never clears, and instead I feel like my world is spinning.

I glance at Kody, whose head was laying face down on the hard oak table. I try to reach my wolf, but she seemed so distant- or out of range.

"Riley." I hear my mate plead, making me swivel around for him.

I reach out, trying to grab him; but I grab nothing but air.

"Go to sleep Alpha." Martinez chuckles.