Twenty Six

Picture// Rylie's Wolf
Song//  GONE Paris Shadows

The cold of the night sinks into my bones and sends a shiver down my spine.

I had been left to my own thoughts for hours, drowning in the reality of tomorrow.

As the night dragged on, I felt more uneasy.

I suppose I hadn't quite prepared myself for death- but who does at eighteen?

My thoughts always drifted from my impending death, to my mate.

I had only known him a short time and we barely got to spend any quality time together.

We only had our first kiss moments before I was carted away to be shot in front of thousands of wolves.

The Moon Goddess loved to toy with me. She blessed me with the perfect mate, only to have it ripped away a few weeks later.

I sigh, hugging my knees closer to my chest.

The squeak of the cell doors opening, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

A part of me wishes it was my mate, another part hopes he never steps foot back in this place.

Clambering of boots descends the hallway, Alpha Martinez's face appearing before me.

"Hello, Black." He greets me, stopping just outside of my cell.

I glare into his cold, dead eyes.

"What do you want?" I spit at him, annoyed that he would even show his face before tomorrow.

He shrugs, a small smirk on his face.

"Just wanted to see how my favorite prisoner was." Martinez says, making me quirk a brow at the completely empty jail.

"Cut the bullshit." I roll my eyes.

"Fine, I suppose I was just going to check in and see if you were feeling...lonely?" His smirk grows, making me shift uncomfortably.

I narrow my eyes at him, as he toys with the lock on my cell door.

Martinez might've been a shit person, but there was no way that he would stoop so low as to make a move on me.

"I'm fine, you can go now." I grumble, my nails cutting into my palms as I clench my fists.

He snorts, "You're the prisoner, I'm the warden. You don't make the decisions here."

I swallow nervously at his words, as he unlocks my cell door.

He wanted something from me and I could tell he wasn't in the mood to ask beforehand.

"Stop." I tell him as he walks into the cell and closes behind him.

I'm on my feet in a flash, backing against the cool brick walls behind me.

His dark eyes seem to glow in the moonlight, edging closer and closer to me.

"It's a shame you're so hard-headed, you would've made a very sexy wife." He ticks, shaking his head as he circles me like his prey.

I remain silent, backing myself further into the brick wall.

He comes closer, his rancid breath hitting my face and making me cringe away.

"So sexy." He mumbles to himself, inspecting my body from head-to-toe.

His words made me shake in anger, knowing the only person who should ever speak to me like that was my mate.

"Back up." I warm him, but he ignores me and steps even closer than before.

His rough hand lands on my waist, trailing the curvature of my body.

I wiggle away from his tall frame, making him growl lowly.

"Stay still, Black. You don't have a say anymore." He chuckles darkly.

His drunken breath hits my ear, "You belong to me."

I shove him away roughly, feeling disgusted by his words.

His body moves only slightly, a dark laugh sounding from his thin lips.

"Feisty. The way I like them." He purrs, rushing forward and kissing me harshly on the mouth.

I struggle against the sour taste of alcohol, wishing my wolf was here.

Without her, I am almost powerless against a full-grown male, Alpha.

"Stop!" I screech, as his hands roam to my behind.

My heart rate began to increase, as my wide eyes looked around desperately trying to find a way out.

Martinez continued his assault on my body, his fingers toying with the button on my jeans.

I took in a harsh breath, fighting against his hands.

The horrid feeling of helplessness
consumed my mind and I began to hyperventilate.

Suddenly, Martinez rears back and sends a punch into my jaw.

My head whips to the side at the impact.

"Stay still, slut!" He roars in my face, as a lone tear streams down my face.

He sends his fist into my left eye one more time, making my vision go blurry for a moment.

I blink my eyes, wincing in pain.

He returns to undoing my pants, dragging them down my shaking legs as I sob against the brick wall.

This is it. I thought. This is how I will spend my time before I die.

He then pushes his own jeans off of his legs, an evil smirk on his face.

"Like what you see?" He asks, before trailing kisses down my neck.

My breathing become more labored at the thought and I begin to see stars in my vision.

The one thing that was meant for Alex, will now be taken by a masochistic Alpha who sees nothing more than a body to control.

His hands slide down my thighs, but my mind goes numb to the feeling of him touching me.

But then I feel it.

A burning sensation, deep within my chest.

It was subtle at first, then it took over my entire body until I was on fire from head to toe.

Riley. My wolf says, making a bubble of hope appear in my chest.

I burst into my wolf without a second of thought, throwing Martinez against the opposing brick wall.

His head makes a sickening sounds as it hits the wall, but my wolf had long taken over.

She was pissed off, royally.

"Woah, I wasn't going to do anything." He slurs, waving his hands in front of him as he winces.

My wolf rolls her eyes, before growling lowly.

Before Martinez could even shift, my wolf leaps at his body, not wasting the time before she rips out his throat.

A gurgling sound makes my wolf smile in victory as our aggressor lays, dying on the floor of a dirty cell.

I grin with her, I'm so glad you're back

The cell door crashes against the wall, making me look up into the wide eyes of Woods.

His Beta stands behind him, a shocked look on his face as he assess the situation.

Woods glances at Martinez, before narrowing his eyes on me.

"You stupid, bitch." He shakes his head, his Beta handing him a syringe with a smirk.

I furrow my brows, as he jabs the syringe deep into the muscle on my neck.

A small whine escapes from my lips, before black takes over my vision.