Twenty Nine

Picture// Riley's Ring
Song// Somewhere Only We Know Keane

Wow, I never thought I would complete a full length book- this is crazy!!
Only one more chapter and maybe an epilogue!

The sounds of my fingers dancing across my keyboard, is the only things filling my office.

Everyone was asleep, including my mate.

I had to sneak out of his warm embrace a few hours ago and it had left me cold and lonely.

I had tried to sleep honestly, but after the events of last week- I had a lot of work to do.

Adding two new packs seemed like a great idea, but there was a lot of paperwork that came with adding the new members.

First, I had to figure out how I was going to govern three-thousands wolves that spanned across three states.

I didn't want to move people out of their homes, so I needed a way to divide the pack and add branches to govern each individual pack.

Rubbing my temples, I sigh in defeat.

Pulling long work hours in my office was not something that was foreign to me.

And although it was the same desk and the same papers littering my floor- I had come back to Blood Moon a new person.

I no longer sat in a dark depression that had clouded over my life.

Fear and doubt were two words I no longer believed in.

"Here I was thinking you would shake your old habits." A mocking voice chuckles, as my Beta walks into my office in his pajamas.

I glance up at him with a sarcastic smile.

Things have been quite hectic around Black Wolf and we hadn't had a chance to really talk.

I had learned that he marked Casper the second we returned to Black Wolf.

"Old habits die hard." I shrug, releasing the stress that was tight within my shoulders.

"Well now that you rule practically a third of the United states packs- I think you deserve a day off." He shakes his head, running a hand through his blonde hair.

I barely raise a brow. There are no days off as an Alpha. The sooner that got through to everyone- the better.

"Kody, I want to ask you something." I stand from my desk.

He raises a brow.

"I need commanders in the Fangs and Blood Moon, they can't govern themselves and I can't ensure they are being ran correctly from here." I start.

He smiles slowly, "Are you asking me to take over one of the packs?"

I roll my eyes, "Don't let it go to your head."

He chuckles lightly, making me narrow my eyes at my cocky best friend.

"Of course I'll do it, Alpha. Your wish is my command." He bows sarcastically.

I nod, "Good, I was thinking about asking Tom to take over as a commander as well."

"I think that's a good idea." He shrugs.

I crack my knuckles, "I never said thank you, for what you and Casper did for me."

He smiles genuinely, "I had help."

Nodding towards the ground, I process the last month of my life.

I got a mate, was captured by narcissistic assholes, killed the man who helped kill my mother, and almost died to save my loved ones.