Nine

Picture// Jude Black
Song// Two Shots Goody Grace and gnash

"What were you thinking!" I scream, pacing back and forth in front of my desk.

Kody holds back a laugh, refusing to be anything but serious. West glances at my Beta with a suppressed smile.

My blood boils at the two men, wanting to rip my hair out of my head.

"This is funny to you?" I grunt, placing my hands on my hips in defeat.

Kody nods, while West shrugs with a smirk.

"You're funny when your mad." Kody shrugs.

I bite my lip in anger, my jaw ticking in fury.

West ran away to one of the most dangerous packs, next to mine, and almost got himself killed.

His arm hangs in a bright blue cast, the doctor saying he needed to rest it for up for a few weeks.

He never showed his pain, not even when the doctor prodded the bruised skin around the broken bone.

West's strength and bravery astounded me every day and it made me wonder what kind of Alpha he would be.

"Look, I'm sorry for running okay." West speaks up, making my eyes snap to his caramel ones.

"After seeing the rogue fight, and your hurt leg, and then the dead girl- it was just too much and I freaked out." West explains, making me sigh.

I knew West had seen more in the last two days than a normal human sees their entire life.

But it hurt that he had run away, even if I didn't plan on mating with him- having him near me was important to me.

"Next time, just talk to me." I sighed, glancing at his busted lip.

It was swollen and blue, making my wolf whine in pain for our mate.

"I will." West nods, looking deeply into my eyes.

Kody glances between us weirdly.

"Okay, I'm gonna go now." He snickers, walking out of my office in an instant.

West and I are left to ourselves and I feel as if I can finally breath correctly.

He runs a hand through his raven hair, looking as if he needed to ask me something.

"What's a mate, Black?" He questions, making me choke on air.

I stumble over my words, "Wh-why?"

He shrugs, "You seemed peeved when that dick brought it up. So what is it?"

I knew this day would come eventually. West was now living among wolves, and he had to learn about mates one day.

"Um, it's kinda like a soul-mate- a gift from our deity the Moon Goddess." I explain vaguely.

His brows furrow at the information, taking his bruised lip into his mouth in thought.

"How do you know who your mate is?" He tilts his head at me.

My wolf pushes against my head painfully, making me wince.

Tell him! She shouts at me.

I grab my temples at her screaming, making West look at me in question.

"Black, are you okay?" He looks worried.

I nod, waiting for the headache to pass.

"Yes. My wolf is just going insane." I mumble, making her scoff at me from inside my brain.