𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚

"My heart literally hurts about the thought of never seeing you again and also seeing you again."

Taehyung's POV:

The gloomy weather outside reflected how I was feeling. They told me it would break me, the news, and it did. I had now run out of tears to cry and was just staring at the wall of my hospital room.

I don't know why I ended up at the hospital but it might have been something serious because I remember only bits and pieces.

I had been repeating what happened in the morning since I had woken up...

Flashback:-

I wake up to see my parents' faces filled with concern and worry. Sleepily, I ask them as to what's the reason that they're in my room so early in the morning. At first my question remains unanswered but then my father speaks up, " We have to tell you something which should've been told to you earlier and we are sorry. I--- we should've told you way before but we were afraid it will break you and now we have to because it is important. "

Confusion is evident on my face and then my mother sits beside me on the bed and gently holds my hand as if for reassurance and then my father continues, " Just please don't react before listening to the whole thing and keep in mind that no one is to blame for this."

His words make me as confused as ever and then it's my mother who starts saying in a soft voice, " I know that you haven't heard from Jeongguk for the past 3 years and I'm utterly sorry for keeping this from you baby because I didn't want you to feel heartbroken but now we have to tell you the whole truth."

I didn't realise that I had started crying as soon as I heard the name of my best friend slash boyfriend who has been MIA from such a long time being uttered by my mother. She wipes my tears and continued.

" Jeongguk, he, he had been in a severe car accident 3 years ago---" I couldn't control my sob as my mind imagined the worst scenarios but I didn't interrupt, "--- and unfortunately, the impact of the crash was mostly on his brain, causing him to loose his memories---everything; that's why you never heard from him because he doesn't remember you or anyone for that matter. It took him a month's time to accept who his parents were and they decided to stay there only to provide him with the best treatment... And now, the Jeons and him included are coming back to Seoul and he has been enrolled at the University of Seoul same year as you...'

At this part I tuned my mom out, still trying to process this information and started sobbing uncontrollably. The only thing that could be heard in my room was my heartbreaking sobs and my mom and dad muttering that everything will be fine or that I have to be strong etc.

Next thing I know, my body is convulsing and everything blacks out.

-------------------------------------------

And well, I woke up in the hospital with a splitting headache and wires attached to me. Mom and dad had called Jimin, my best friend, while on the way to the hospital and I cried for a damn long time on his shoulder.

After Jimin left, Jin hyung came with some of his chicken soup which I absolutely love.

After having my stomach full the exhaustion of all the crying finally settled in and I was glad that the sleep consumed me because it helped me forget my worries, even if just for a short while.

-------------------------------------------

Finally the day that I had been dreading had arrived.